Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PSZ too much like PSU

I've noticed by research that psz, to me at least, is looking like it borrowerd from psu as well as pso THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING. based on the trailers i saw of psz there looks to be photon arts and its a more storyline based game (thank heavens they still have mags) and the character customization looks more like psu's than pso's. What is Sega thinking psu is a total in ferior game to pso.

Blue Burst/Zero FTW!

That's just what it looks like. Gameplay wise, it plays much more like PSO.

go play pso then?
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

DON'T USE THE PHOTON ARTS THEN DOH! It has some of the good things from PSU together with the crappy control of PSO for the PSO fanboys.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

The game has a mix of elements from both games. Whether you think they're good or bad, is all your opinion.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrith_Ranger_Pso View Post
    I've noticed by research that psz, to me at least, is looking like it borrowerd from psu as well as pso THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING. based on the trailers i saw of psz there looks to be photon arts and its a more storyline based game (thank heavens they still have mags) and the character customization looks more like psu's than pso's. What is Sega thinking psu is a total in ferior game to pso.

Photon Arts aren't the same as in PSU. They're in more of a PSO-style, in my opinion.

Storyline-based game = PSU? PSO had story, it just didn't really put it out in the open. Plus that's a fixed flaw of PSO rather than an inherited flaw of PSU.

Character customization is basically PSO's but with a voice option.

Also, PSU is superior to PSO in terms of features and gameplay mechanics, but a lot of it isn't executed as well as it could have been. This is why PSO is considered to be the better game overall.

PSZ actually enhances PSO's basic control scheme, fixing a lot of the issues with it and adding new features as well. It also incorporates features from PSU such as lock-on and strafing (you can also shoot handguns while strafing, although not nearly as fast as if you stand and do the usual combo attack), while adding the dodge-roll which is so simple yet after playing with it, so nice to have.

Weapon design is it's own thing, with traces of PSO and PSU in there.

Many sounds are from PSO, some very similar to. Photon Arts use PSU sounds for the respective weapon type, which I thought was actually a pretty good idea. The music is in the same style as PSO as well, with some hints of PSU in there.

Character design is generally it's own style this time around, but the CASTs look more like some awesome fusion of PSO and PSU CASTs. Not the ones with the fake human faces and stuff, mind you.

Cutscenes are in a similar style as in Phantasy Star Portable. Said style is also seen somewhat in the Phoenix Wright series; Phantasy Star Zero leans more toward this since it uses the pixel art.

So, considering that PSZ is like maybe 85-90% PSO and 10-15% PSU, and that 10-15% is widely agreed to be some of the best features in PSU... Well, let's just say that you can have your opinion about the game, but don't make outrageous claims that can be blown out of the water. Your opinion is not fact.

It is nothing like PSO. They are all lying nerds who want to believe. heh.

Blue Burst/Zero FTW!

I still think it's most similar to PSO, even if that does infact make me a nerd (which I'm proud of).

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R3volver View Post
    It is nothing like PSO.
    This much is true.

It's way more like PSU than PSO. Anyone saying otherwise is in denial :P

PSZ sucks. Now I wait for my warning for saying it sucks because we have to protect the little ones from negativity. It's worse than a game that came out in 2001. Truth should be said. SEGA shouldn't be allowed to get away with this. I got tricked into getting it because the people on this forum are so hush hush. People come into this area talk about the game and then never post again when they get it. Except one or two people with weird fetishes and even then you hardly see them come in here to push lies.