Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I usually just use things I've aquired myself, with a few exceptions. People sell high % weapons for way too much anyways.

I use weapons based on their look, like the Chainsawd. It's so badass so what if it's a little weaker? If you use the right element it does the job.

I never play PSU for more than 2 months in a row haha keeps everything fresh. Counters not having frequent updates

I always make sure to carry every element type of weapon

I don't NPC anything. I save every last berry, acid, and truffle

I never spam 1 PA to level it, that's boring. Gotta mix it up

I usually change clothes when I change class, unless I'm in a hurry

Whitebeast sux
    ----PS2 Player----
    Rygar - Level 170 - Beast - AF / FF / PT
    Zelda - Level 103 - Newman - FT / AT

Wow, nice to see that my thread caught on! I thought I was pretty meticulous about some things in this game, but I believe some of you have me beat. >.> I'll add a few more of my own quirks that I left out last time.

1. I have 1 male and 3 females that I play as. None of the females have the same hairstyle, and if I change one's hairstyle that matches another, I have to go back and redo the other character's hair so everyone will remain different. I like having all my girls unique. <_<

2. As mentioned before, my main character will always wear yellow color-themed attire, regardless what it is. If there is no yellow variation in a set of clothing, or it's a shade of yellow I don't like, I will not wear it.

3. My other characters also tend to have colors unique to them. My male Cast is generally some shade of blue, my female newman I tend to use black, purple, or white with, and my female human is undecided but for now she's wearing...pink. That may or may not change in the future. It sometimes takes time for me to settle on a signature color theme for a given character.

4.This may sound perverted to some, but all 3 of my characters have different breast sizes. So you have the small, medium, and large. <_< Again, they have to be varied from one another!

5. When it comes to what weapons I use, I will generally make or buy whatever I can as long as it falls within my 38%-50% element range. So if I can't make it myself, I have no problem buying or trading from someone else and using it.

6. Also when it comes to buying equipment, I will generally buy a weapon that's 42% or above if it's 10 mil or below, which obviously doesn't happen often. I will sometimes go above 10 mil, but only if I need/want it desperately. The max I've ever spent on anything is..25 mil I think. But that was extremely rare for me.

7. I am extremely stubborn when I set my mind on obtaining something, and I will drive a mission into the ground until I get what I want. I will take breaks to help friends or do something else from time to time, but I will always come back to that one particular mission until the item eventually drops (Sometimes it doesn't and I just wind up getting it during an event which makes me happy and sorta pissed off at the same time lol).

8. When I lvl techs, I lvl by element rather than type. Meaning I'll do all fire elements first, then ice, etc. I have no order in which element I work on first but as a rule, I simply start at the top of the list and work my way down. Like all my PAs though, I lvl them all to a particular tier before making another lap around to reach the next tier.

That's all I can think of for now, but some more thoughts may come to me later when I'm not so tired.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

Let the flaming begin.......

1. I almost always try to level my Photon Arts.
    1a. I always carry high pp capacity(often low damage) weapons(except for fighters, they use the generic company weapons).
    1b. I almost always wear a Cati bullet/skill pp save, and dark wing
    1c. I almost always use the same element to defeat an enemy.
    1d. I like to pick missions that corresponds to the element I want to level.

2. I like to level new Photon Arts with basic classes which I haven't maxed out yet. E.X.: grenade launcher PAs on ranger up to lvl 20.

3. In the beginning I buy the most useful PAs and have a PA for each weapon, eventually I buy more PAs until I have them all(I have every melee PA over lvl 20's so far).
    3a. I leveled my initial PAs to respectably high levels then buy and level new PAs evenly and continue to level every PA, and bullets/technics in tiers.

4. I never cap my support spells, they get to their x1 then I let them lvl naturally.

5. I always link my technics for maximum elemental boost, with the exception of buff weapons(if I have them). E.X.: my first rod is always Foie, rafoie, gifoie, shifta.(I dun have damfoie yet).

6. My technic weapons usually go in the order: fire, ice, ground, lightning, light, dark/alt weaps.

7. I almost always carry at least 1 of every weapon available to my type. I mix the elements according to the mission or have an element of every type spread across the different weapons.

8. Element bullets over special bullets.

9. Almost never use guns on a fighter class(I carry handguns). Cards/bows on a techer class.

10. Speed over power
    10a. Har/quick, AF, GU, FM, AT, MF

11. Buy for cheapness over %.

12. Low percentage armors, mega rainbow or resist

13. Never use beast mode, only have power beast, only carry SUV for really hard areas.

14. Never farm for an item(I gave up after 5 straight days of Amore Tip huntin when Birds 1st came out.), if you get something, you get something.

15. Selling ingredients and board and buying an item made is often more effective than making it yourself.

16. Always have pure PM's, lvl 100.99.

17. Only grind to 2(most of the time) using +1's on +3 PF days. I still have a stack of S+10's, waitin for a good time to use them.

18. Foie on Jarbas and other large enemies. Dark shot on mechanicals. DOT stick ftw.
    Flora, Cast Female (Level 150), HU-11/RA-20/FO-10/FG-18/GT-20/GU-20 :Sakura(GH421-Level 100.99 range):- XBox 360, Online
    LeAnne, Newman Female (Level 122), HU/FO-10/RA-13/FG-10/FT-11/WT-10/GT-10/AT-13/GT-10/FG-1/GU-1/MF-2 :Ella(GH454-Level 100.99 tech):- XBox 360, Online
    (haven't updated the rest of my characters)

Usually, with armor, I'll settle for 20+%, as long as it has a body slot to plug Cati/Rainbow into. Generally, I also want head/arm and extra slots, depending on the character. Bare minimum is arm/body.
    Coming Soon!

=0 missed something.
    19(I guess). I like to level PAs according to the situation. Certain PA's have higher priority...:line, area, single. If there are a lot of enemies and they're easy to line up, or are lined up, I will switch to laser cannon, shotguns usually on large enemies or huddled enemies. Thus, Talise is not a shotgun !@#$% and actually has several higher lvl laser cannon bullets and many higher rifle bullets(atm)(Talise is a rifle !@#$% rite nao).
    Flora, Cast Female (Level 150), HU-11/RA-20/FO-10/FG-18/GT-20/GU-20 :Sakura(GH421-Level 100.99 range):- XBox 360, Online
    LeAnne, Newman Female (Level 122), HU/FO-10/RA-13/FG-10/FT-11/WT-10/GT-10/AT-13/GT-10/FG-1/GU-1/MF-2 :Ella(GH454-Level 100.99 tech):- XBox 360, Online
    (haven't updated the rest of my characters)

Quote Originally Posted by Talise View Post
    =0 missed something.
    19(I guess). I like to level PAs according to the situation. Certain PA's have higher priority...:line, area, single. If there are a lot of enemies and they're easy to line up, or are lined up, I will switch to laser cannon, shotguns usually on large enemies or huddled enemies. Thus, Talise is not a shotgun !@#$% and actually has several higher lvl laser cannon bullets and many higher rifle bullets(atm)(Talise is a rifle !@#$% rite nao).
    Ah, this too. The only things I'll level when something else can do the job better are the single-target guns: Rifle, Bow, Twins, because I can stand back and act like a turret to tag things.

Also with twins, there's the bonus massive evasion part.
    Coming Soon!

1 - Most of my S Rank weapons must be 30% or higher.
    2 - The only resist I'll wear is a sleep resist, and only because I don't want to make a fool of myself on White Beast.
    3 - I prefer balanced palettes with a few choice elements
    4 - I don't listen to any in game rumors and urban myths
    5 - I blacklist people for cheating, stealing, and/or using racist slurs
    6 - I'll allow people to play in whatever style they choose, as long as they aren't a hindrance.
    7 - If people make too many silly rules during a mission I'll politely leave after the mission.
    8 - I mostly wear a Yiel Line with my main characters. (Any percent)
    9 - I always use a LKK or Vijerina Power
    10 - Above all else my characters must always look stylish

I'm intuitively OCD (undiagnosed), meaning that my "rules" are random...

But for the most part:

Elements: 20%+

I also must match in colors and with my mood in my clothing.

Oh, and my PM storage, etc. is immaculate. >_>

Also, I don't give a shit about what everyone else is doing. I rarely even notice.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Well, this is quite interesting. Obviously everyone has their own preferences on what they like to do, and how they like to play. Here are some of my preferences, annoyances, and views. These are merely my opinions, but I don't pressure them on others.

-This one is probably one of the most important in my eyes: If you have PAs you need to level, do it on your own time or use them appropriately to the best of your knowledge. I've always felt that spamming the same PA through a mission slows everyone down, and also can cause some annoyances (example: using spinning strike when there are 5 enemies around you, tornado dancing everywhere)

-Try to use the proper elements in both weapons and armor, it cuts back on some frustration. I don't see it as that big of a deal if you're playing with a PUG. Just please, please don't use the wrong elements on enemies (example: fire saber on fire enemy)

-I encourage everyone to try to play to their best skill, even if you're with a bunch of friends just socializing. Whereas I don't stress it, I prefer it.

-Gameplay strategy in PSU > stats. Just because you have uber 50% armor and weapons it doesn't mean you're good, you have to know how and when to use your PA's and certain weapons at the right times.

-I tend to discard most weapons if they're under 20% completely, merely because I don't like the numbers. I as most people who want to have better equipment, strive for 38-50% stuff.

-I refuse to wear almost every male fleshie one-piece clothing on my main character. I hate "loose" looking clothing on him as well. I always try to picture how uncomfortable it would be to use certain PAs with something like the Formalwear on.

-Blue hair on Dragwind forever.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Jul 6, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

1. Characters should be from classic Phantasy Star games, plus the designs should be as close to the original designs as possible. If possible, make the PM Phantasy Star related as well.

2. Phantasy Star characters should use equipment that reference the classic games. If not, at least use equipment that the character might use.

3. If I don't feel like making Phantasy Star characters, I make characters that are from 70s, 80s, or 90s sci-fi anime. If not, I must at least create a character that's highly influenced by them.

4. Equipment for characters in #3 should either be ones resembling what they're using from the show, or just plain crazy weapons.

5. Weapons should only be grinded with 100% success rate. Grind further if you're drunk, or if there's an event that minimizes grind failures.

6. Weapons should be non-elemental unless they're only available with elemental attributes.

7. Armor should have 4 slots.

8. PMs should be pure (100% for one stat). Face it, Sega screwed up with their PM feeding system and this is the obvious route to take for grinding purposes. I could change their appearance anyway with PM Device.

9. When somebody is selling something too cheap, buy their whole stack and sell at a significantly higher price. That's called fixing the economy.

10. Sell Copernias and Olpads because I make more money with them than selling Grinder Ss.
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2