Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fighmaster worth it?

Is it worth switching too, i am lvl 20 on fortefighter, and fighgunner lvl 20....would the stats be better at FM on lvl 20? and is there anything better about it?

http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Fighmaster

Fighmaster attacks slightly faster..
    The biggest reason would be that you can level your skills past level 40 as a Fighmaster.

If I remember correctly all stats with the exception of ATA will be lower as a FM vs. FF.
    NiceOnes

You can use tornado dance to move fast! The increase in attack speed makes up for everything else!

What do you have to lose giving it a try?
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

yea true, but i mean swapping makes me so much weaker lol

In my personal opinion, I find FighMaster better. But that's just because of the way I play. I don't need ten different weapon types, three is all I need to handle almost any combat situation (except flyers).
    I'll use Jabroga (Axe) to either wipe out large groups of monsters on the first spawn or to devastate most bosses. Dus Majarra or Dus Robado (spear) to handle the smaller groups or whatever didn't die from the previous Jabroga. And finally, Spiral Dance or Tornado Dance (double saber) to handle dangerous monsters that I don't want moving around freely (like Bil De Vear or Gaozoran).

Of course, I also have the other PAs for those weapons Lv'd up as well (sup. update will reduce the performance of some of the previously mentioned PAs). But again, this is just how I play.
    Yes your HP, ATP, DFP and STA will be a little lower but your Ata and MST will be higher. Also, your EVP will be MUCH lower. This is either a good thing (if you don't like your PA attacks being interrupted by that pesky shield block) or a bad thing if you like blocking... (Tho as both a male and a beast, relying on EVP is rather pointless).

TL;DR - The speed boost is definitely a bonus when using the "heavy" weapons that FM and FF get to use, but at the same time: the severe limitation on weapons will make certain monsters and bosses a hassle to fight.
    Stat differences balance out each other in my personal opinion.

Spoiler!

Yep, if you're into FF for the 2 handers, you should switch to FM, if you miss your slicers/single hands then don't. That attack speed makes you attack like you're using single hands, pretti handi.
    Flora, Cast Female (Level 150), HU-11/RA-20/FO-10/FG-18/GT-20/GU-20 :Sakura(GH421-Level 100.99 range):- XBox 360, Online
    LeAnne, Newman Female (Level 122), HU/FO-10/RA-13/FG-10/FT-11/WT-10/GT-10/AT-13/GT-10/FG-1/GU-1/MF-2 :Ella(GH454-Level 100.99 tech):- XBox 360, Online
    (haven't updated the rest of my characters)

okay good stuff i will prolly switch later tonight, if i dont like it i will swtich back...

FF is already a class without much versatility, so if you're FF, you're only losing if you're not going FM. I wish FF were more versatile, so it had a point at all...

Anyway, FM is a very good class, and it's quite fun to play.
    Last edited by Hrith; Jul 7, 2009 at 02:52 PM.

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

I remember back when FM first came out, almost every mission we ran was faster as level 1 FM than it was as level 20 FF. That's saying something.

I know your stats look lower, but the speed increase MORE than makes up for that. And once your skills are 41+, You'll never look back. Unless you really miss your Knuckles and Slicers that much.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

idiotic cast fightgunner that cast named kai's Avatar
    *looks around* lying dead in some random mission

Nv BigPapa vD, the only thing I can say is,

Do you think it is worth changing?

If so, go for it, if not stick with what you got or find something else to swap to
    sorry to inform you but i just died.
    mind loaning me a few a scape dolls?

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.