Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Race - Ranged weapons

I'm going to be creating a character tomorrow and I have a question. What would be the best race for a ranged weapon oriented player? I was thinking about using a ranged weapon to begin with. Though I might want to change later on to more of a melee role? Are cast the best for ranged weapons?

What about Humans; will they do well in a ranged class?

CASTs are the best for ranged and melee, so you'll be fine no matter which of those two routes you decide to stick with.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

I would actually go beast Gunmaster. The decreased ACC being a beast will still make you good and well for bullet resistant bosses you can go beast form for melee. I would go Cast Fighmaster for same reasons I would go beast Gunmaster and that being that your suv will come in handy against melee resistant bosses.

I also agree however that casts are good at both melee and ranged however I would certainly not call them the best, there are a few beast fighters out there that would certainly disagree. Actually cast AT/GT looks really good to me even.

Also there are some great options for you if you ever choose to switch over to melee, I for one am a Human PT and well I really dont feel like looking back ever again. FiG is my second favorite class. Both classes I feel excel by being a cast but humans can play them just as well.

It says on the offical website for PSU that beasts are weak with guns. How do they perform with bows?

They aren't "weak" with them exactly; Beasts have lower accuracy than other races, so they can have a harder time actually landing hits.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    They aren't "weak" with them exactly; Beasts have lower accuracy than other races, so they can have a harder time actually landing hits.
    Okay, thanks.

Thank you all for the information; it'll be helpful when deciding my race. Leaning towards playing a CAST because they have better accuracy with ranged weapons.

male beasts have way higher atp thought.I know a lvl 160 beast gunmaster he he just as hard as casts maybe even harder.once you get a hig anuff lvl acc doesnt matter beacuse your acc is so high.

that is true, beasts have higher ATP and lower ATA than CAST. The main concern is what type you're going to end up playing, CAST have stat bonuses with ForteGunner, and beasts have bonuses with ForteFighter. No race has any bonuses with master classes. Choose beast for power, choose CAST for good power and accuracy and SUV's, choose human if you might dabble in technics at a later time. You could also make a CAST and play with gunz and make a human or beast for melee later if you don't like guns or want to try another race.
    Flora, Cast Female (Level 150), HU-11/RA-20/FO-10/FG-18/GT-20/GU-20 :Sakura(GH421-Level 100.99 range):- XBox 360, Online
    LeAnne, Newman Female (Level 122), HU/FO-10/RA-13/FG-10/FT-11/WT-10/GT-10/AT-13/GT-10/FG-1/GU-1/MF-2 :Ella(GH454-Level 100.99 tech):- XBox 360, Online
    (haven't updated the rest of my characters)

i would go with beast

Id go with Beast not only for the reasons above but also for the Higher MST incase you decide to use a shotgun and because of the Higher HP (CASTs Higher DEF is worthless against TECHS)

When I first played PSU I thought that Aayla Would only use Melee Weapons but when I played PS:P (I used Ranger and Force classes Because I wanted to get all Achievements) and used the Ranger Type I found it to be as fun as Hunter (and you get hit a lot less but it takes more Photon Charges) and i also learned that its hard to hit stuff with TECHs
    Do you know Tri-Edge?