Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ryna View Post
    There has been a solid star on the PC side all evening. It shouldn't be too hard to get a group going.
    It doesn't pick up at all until later in the evening for me; I don't even log on anymore during the afternoon (in UK) because it's impossible to get a game now. I checked Uni 2's mission counter at Desert Terror, and there were TWO parties, both locked. Barely anyone is running the GBR seriously, as far as I can tell. Even at late evening for me, it's only 1 to 1 1/2 stars, and that's on a weekend.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

the 360 houses the nubs of the world. they are all scared and confused and care about crap that doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by WHlTEKNIGHT View Post
    It seems like a vain attempt to get players on the pc version but if it was that great/ much better then the 360, people would have stayed on there.
    I saw a lot more of "Leaving XBox360 for PC server" threads in there over the past few weeks than I witnessed the opposite, honestly.

But I don't think people leaving the game got anything to do with the platform. People is leaving because that game have been very badly managed by ST for too long. People leaves PSU on both servers, you're just getting the impression there's a lot more people quitting on PC/PS2 side because their number is already significantly lower, to begin with.

There is a lot more XBox360 just because 360 is a popular system that a lot of people have, thus PSU:AotI is a lot more accessible to those who own a 360.
    Not to add if you want the game to run smoothly at max. settings, you need either a 360 or a top-tier gaming PC. 360 is a lot cheaper than building a gaming PC, and I don't know for other people, but if I was to get me a PC gaming warmachine, I'd have other priorities than playing PSU on it. (Seriously, Guild Wars looks several times better on my crappy laptop than PSU does.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    I saw a lot more of "Leaving XBox360 for PC server" threads in there over the past few weeks than I witnessed the opposite, honestly.
    That's a statistical effect: Of course you see more people leaving Xbox ---> PC when there is a lot more people on the Xbox to begin with. I hope you see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KaF View Post
    That's a statistical effect: Of course you see more people leaving Xbox ---> PC when there is a lot more people on the Xbox to begin with. I hope you see the problem.
    Yes, I do.

But I meant in the quitting/switching ratio on both servers, which still seems to be more to me.
    Most of the PC-related threads are about quitting, not switching, while 360 seems to have a growing trend of the latter these times.

Angry Oldschool PSO vet. MadDogg's Avatar

Man, I never did get the whole "the 360 version is filled with the scum of the earth" stereotype. The people that are always saying that are the PC/PS2 players, so all that does is give me the impression those players normally say that to reassure their selves that they are still playing on the right version, to make their selves feel better about their version deep down inside. Reassurance is a nasty thing. (Also I never did get the whole screaming children argument either. Push the xbox guide button, recent player list, mute, 3 simple steps). If that is too hard for you, then go to community, party information, mute from there. Easy.

No matter which version you are playing, having friends is the way to go. Setting up a 8 man party chat chillin' playing psu on the 360 is extremely fun, of course people that do not have any friends that depend on random parties are going to jump ship. I'm pretty sure its like that for PS2/PC too, if you don't have good friends to chill with this game isn't going to be enjoyable, simple as that.
    (X360)Alkaid, Tear, Pudd'n, Mad Dogg retired from 360 PSU for good
    PSP2: Alkaid, lvl 42 beast hunter. "Its my duty to please that booty".

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

360 just has a bad rep due to American players. Also because on game shows they always have segments depicting the worst people on XBL. Such as kids screaming into mics and cocky FPS players. Honestly it just depends on who you pair up with. Like I always say: "No matter what the platform, douchbags all around."

Arrow Perhaps, but...

Quote Originally Posted by AOI_Tifa_Lockhart View Post
    True the PC/PS2 communitys very small in comparisson to 360 but I prefer using type/text to communicate I think all those hyperactive, no doubt loud mouthed kids all using headphones would drive me insane >.<
    It's probably more a question of timing: I generally play in the 12am-5am timeframe, which soundly solves the problem you describe. Even at those hours, there are still 450-1000 players online in Leo, most of whom (like myself) are not using the mic.

Plus I think boys that age have games they'd much rather play.

For me, the 360 was an economical choice, and it has worked out very well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogg View Post
    if you don't have good friends to chill with this game isn't going to be enjoyable, simple as that.
    Is this true?

and that economical argument is so lame BTW. PC is always cheaper than a scambox. the whole point of a scambox is to leech off of you.
    Last edited by deso123; Aug 10, 2009 at 03:18 PM.

Hehe, well, the 360 cost me $400 when I bought it, I've never purchased a LIVE Gold account, all but one of my games are gifts, and I've paid for around 6 months worth of Guardian's Licenses. So around $470, which in PC terms would buy me a MoBo, CPU, Power Supply, Fan, and maybe a PoS case. A paperweight, essentially.