View Poll Results: What will happen to AOTI for PC/PS2 and 360 when the PSP2 comes out?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Add more content from the PSP2 to AOTI.

14 42.42%
  • Make a Whole new game.

8 24.24%
  • I don't Know.

11 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What will happen to the console/PC Ver. When the PSP2...

What do you guys think will happen to AOTI for the PC/PS2 an 360 when the PSP2 comes out?
    I hear that the JP side has done all the story missions. So I made a POLL to find out what you guys think. Will they add more to the story of AOTI from the PSP2 ver? Or make a whole new game? Please Vote and say why you picked that answer. Thanks
    Btw heres the link to info about PSP2.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167653

Heres some info I read about PSP2.
    http://www.pso-world.com/news/0375-f...tar-portable-2
    Thanks S.T.H and EspioKaos
    Last edited by Princess1977; Aug 18, 2009 at 02:13 PM.
    I am ALWAYS Looking to make new friends.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

They'll probably keep doing what they've been doing- every so often add new content. If you're talking specifically about story, they might end up doing some of those special story missions like Innocent Girl where it goes back in the past.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    They'll probably keep doing what they've been doing- every so often add new content. If you're talking specifically about story, they might end up doing some of those special story missions like Innocent Girl where it goes back in the past.
    Thanks so much Dragwind I hope your right. I would hate to think I worked hard on chars. and them just do away with AOTI.
    I am ALWAYS Looking to make new friends.

They wont stop support for the PC/PS2 side. Japan will continue getting updates and as long as PSU is profitable on the English side(Remember our profits are mixed with Xbox 360 profits) we'll continue to recieve content. If PSP:2 recieves new stuff and new graphics, I'd assume we'd get another Supplement Update or something.

Akihito 160FM/PT ~~~~~~~~~~Hanami FT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[Retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Akihito View Post
    If PSP:2 recieves new stuff and new graphics, I'd assume we'd get another Supplement Update or something.

PSP:2 is practically a new game, judging from the very limited info we've received so far, for instance:

* Takes place three years after the initial game.
    * You are not a member of the Guardians, but instead part of a civilian group called the Little Wings running a space colony called Clad-6.
    * Expanded story mode in response to complaints that the first game's story was pretty short and sparse.
    * Single player will supposedly be more of a challenge.
    * New monsters.
    * Three times as many missions.
    * 'Fully redone character designs' for the default classes.
    * New moves, including charged gunshots, emergency and dodge and single-handed shields.
    * Multiplayer missions that will involve more than simply 'slaying monsters'.

Credit to Mewn/1UP for the above.

As much as I would love for them to package that all in an expansion much like AoI was, I sincerely doubt it will happen.

If anything we'll just get a few new weapons that fit in with the weapon classes we already have, so I wouldn't expect to see the shields and especially not the dodge feature being added to PSU.

Yeah, after reading about all the new stuff that Phantasy Star Portable 2 will have, it made me wonder what it will mean for Phantasy Star Universe. I honestly expected PSP2 to just be more PSU stuff with some new things sprinkled in like before, but it looks like they're going all out. So will PSU go on as it is? What new stuff can they add? Will PS2 support be dropped so we can get bigger patches? Are they gonna let it run its course and then just present a sequel? I'll just wait and see instead of thinking too hard about it... XD

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

We will get new stuff as per usual so no worries. Then when PSU is all wrapped up it will be shot out of a cannon while "Ring of Fire" by Jonny Cash plays in the background.

Some people around here has so much faith in sega lol....Yes jp had an update with psp content....but think for a second...did they added the new boss mission that psp had? Same will happen with psp2.......
    Last edited by Chibi_psu; Aug 18, 2009 at 04:12 PM.

PSO2 Character: Chibi Loli newman force Level 40

Angry Oldschool PSO vet. MadDogg's Avatar

I'm thinking a new expansion will come out for the 360 version at least, to add the new stages and weapons from the PSP2 version. As long as the population keeps filling up 2 universes plus more during events, they are going to milk the players for all they are worth.
    (X360)Alkaid, Tear, Pudd'n, Mad Dogg retired from 360 PSU for good
    PSP2: Alkaid, lvl 42 beast hunter. "Its my duty to please that booty".