Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Complex

Default Shadow Complex

Shadow Complex is coming out on Wednesday on XBLA and PC, from what I've seen of the game so far it looks really nice. The game is a 3-D side scrolling shooter in the style of Castlevania / Super Metroid.

Trailer

Gameplay

This is a day one buy for me. The game looks really fun and it seems like it'll have a high replay value. It also seems like a great game to play until the big Fall games come out. I can't wait for the parts where you get to control turrets in 3-D. Seems like a great way to end the Summer. Anyone else excited about this game / getting it?
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

Shadow Complex looks pretty amazing. A couple months ago, an issue of Play magazine had it as its cover story... And mentioned Super Metroid about 16 times in the first half-page of it.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I had never heard of this game until this thread. It looks pretty interesting, and I'm a pretty big sucker for Super Metroid style collection fests. Definitely going to give it a try when it comes out.

This and TMNT RS were the two biggest things I have been waiting for. TMNT wasn't all that great but I have high hopes for shadow complex. I've been a huge fan of the Metroid Series as well as Castlevania after it went Castletroids/Metroidvania.

IGN has already reviewed it giving it a score of 9.4

Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

That actually looks pretty fun. I'm surprised, When I first heard the idea of this game I was like, "Ohh a new Metal Slug ripoff." but I'm very pleased at the way this looks.

I'll hafta play this one when it comes out.

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspaller View Post
    This and TMNT RS were the two biggest things I have been waiting for. TMNT wasn't all that great but I have high hopes for shadow complex. I've been a huge fan of the Metroid Series as well as Castlevania after it went Castletroids/Metroidvania.

IGN has already reviewed it giving it a score of 9.4
    Yeah the IGN review pushed me over the edge to get this game. Wednesday can't come soon enough.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Been waiting for this since Microsoft's E3 conference. Definitely getting this Wednesday.

Well, it's out. Who all bought it? Thoughts so far? My only complaint is that there's been one instance where I wanted to fire at a grunt in front of me who was in the background, but since there was a giant robot in the foreground, it chose him (the robot) as a priority target. You have infinite ammo so that's not so bad, but having to wait for both of them to reload before I could pop out and shoot kind of sucked. Other than that it's been a very enjoyable game.
    Last edited by Umberger; Aug 22, 2009 at 07:29 PM.

This game is really fun. There's lots to explore and the game has lots of replay value. The graphics are stunning, the best looking xbla game without a doubt.

Awesometastic game is awesometastic. Despite that I'm heavily against twin-stick setups for 2D games, they actually make it work here.

The only real complaints I have are that a lot of the animations are awkward and/or buggy (try swimming, for example), and how it's basically impossible to lob grenades into the background at enemies, because the 3D aim always points straight at them, and you can't manually adjust it.

I mean, come on. I have 30-something grenades. I want to be able to use them all the time.

On the subject of grenades for a sub-weapon, I think that having a thrown, arcing sub-weapon like this was a good choice, because it takes away some of the monotony of having all of your weapons be direct-fire. I lobbed a grenade over my cover and landed it perfectly in the middle of a group of three standing enemies. I like arcing weapons.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."