Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default PSP PSU 2 to have Battle Mode

Are there any BA'ers left from the old days?
    If so, this will be good news. I didn't see this anywhere else but if you inspect the screenshots carefully you can see that it's true. This blog here reports on it:

http://bumped.org/psublog/category/p...ar-portable-2/

and shows people actually jumping from island to island, as well as getting points and being on teams. It may or may not be char vs. char fighting like we knew on the DCPSO days, but it's certainly something interesting to see.

I know that vs. always brings up a bit of the hate, but still, it is only reasonable to think that the more modes anything provides, the more entertainment it can provide. (ie something for everyone) Battle kept older PSUs alive, along with Challenge Mode long after a lot of the other play types got stale. (ie, reached cap, got all the rares you wanted, etc)

What do you think? What do you hope?
    I would like to see several modes, Cmode, actual char vs char fighting with 'rules' like the old days, plus whatever this new jumping thing is. The more modes the merrier. Will the scores end up above your head in your title like before?

Well im sold! *kicks old JP PSPo to the side and waits for PSP2* It would be nice to see some battle or team based game play in PSU to take a break from rare hunting a lil bit XD

Two things I noticed.. one good and one bad.

1) that blog said that there may be some sort of my room items, which is one thing I liked about PSU because it gives you something else fun to hunt.

2) "Japanese PSP2 will be getting Downloadable content" GIVE IT TO US TOO DAMMIT

Yea, I noticed that too.
    I also am unsure still, but it doesn't look like we will get voice chat.
    Typing with the PSP is going to be ridiculously tedious.
    Maybe we will be able to plug our PSP to the PC via USB cable and type with our keyboar(yea right)
    Eitehr way, typing with the PSP is not ideal. Brings you back to PS2 PSU with no KB which sucked.

If the game still supports AdHoc you'll be able to get voice chat with AdHoc Party. Hopefully it does, relying on internet connections would actually make it quite a bit harder to play with my friends.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalB View Post
    Two things I noticed.. one good and one bad.

1) that blog said that there may be some sort of my room items, which is one thing I liked about PSU because it gives you something else fun to hunt.

2) "Japanese PSP2 will be getting Downloadable content" GIVE IT TO US TOO DAMMIT
    I'll be playing the Japanese one myself (Japanese games are region-free on the PSP), although I do hope that we get download content this time around. (Monster Hunter gives the English version download content, so it's just laziness on Sega's part if they don't do it.)

As far as the possibility of having some form of a personal room or items in PSP2 goes, the game sounds even more amazing with each morsel of information we receive.

Quote Originally Posted by panzer_unit View Post
    If the game still supports AdHoc you'll be able to get voice chat with AdHoc Party. Hopefully it does, relying on internet connections would actually make it quite a bit harder to play with my friends.
    Ad-Hoc is supported, but it's not online.
    Ad-Hoc is "online" play with local people. They have to be in the same house to play with those people.
    Technically you're right about being able to use voice chat, because it would be like people talking to people in the same room...A normal conversation

Shougai pso slipped an update under it's BATTLE section
    and linked to the jumping screenshot. So for now I guess this is our "Battle"

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    Ad-Hoc is supported, but it's not online.
    Ad-Hoc is "online" play with local people. They have to be in the same house to play with those people.
    Technically you're right about being able to use voice chat, because it would be like people talking to people in the same room...A normal conversation
    No, there are apps that will connect over the internet and then trick your PSP into thinking it's a PSP making an AdHoc network connection. Sony's PS3 app called "AdHoc Party" (it's just out as a Japanese PSN download, for now) also streams voice chat if you've got a headset or camera hooked up.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

I don't think people would play in the "tricked ad-hoc" just because you can voice chat.
    Why do that when there's an online infrastructure mode?
    I just hope we can hook it up with skype of something.