Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Let's also remember that the OP is playing offline. That makes a huge difference regarding the 'knockdown discussion.' Reducing knockdown is far more beneficial offline, as you don't get 'chained' offline. I still say avoid defense materials on any newman, as it is a complete waste of points if you want to have the 'max out' option still open to you.

Shalo the Katana Warrior/Furrypaws Lacker ofTitle furrypaws's Avatar

If you've already maxed out her ATP, ATA, and Luck, Mind is the next stat to go for in my opinion. I personally think it shouldn't take precedence over any of those three stats on a HUnewearl, and I wrote a giant wall of text (where, admittedly, I was a bit of a jerk) that put real numbers to the test and showed if you're going for damage, ATP is much more efficient, even offline.

And since you're offline, you actually chose the strongest Hunter. Her 20 S/D/J/Z does wonders and even outdoes a HUcast. Online, she's the least powerful Hunter and kinda useless if you've got a good Force in the team. HUnewearl's main pros are her abilities to solo and her ability to (somewhat) support other characters should there not be a Force. Resta potency is definitely helpful, but you can always pop a di/trimate when it's needed.

This is all on what I think is best though. Build it around your playing style. It's impossible as far as anyone knows to max out a HUnewearl on GCN, so go whichever way you wish.
    PSO
    Shalo the HUnewearl, GC, level 151

PSU
    Furrypaws the Beast, PC/PS2, Level 79, WT10

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws View Post
    If you've already maxed out her ATP, ATA, and Luck, Mind is the next stat to go for in my opinion. 1. I personally think it shouldn't take precedence over any of those three stats on a HUnewearl, and I wrote a giant wall of text (where, admittedly, I was a bit of a jerk) that put real numbers to the test and showed if you're going for damage, ATP is much more efficient, even offline.

And since you're offline, 2. you actually chose the strongest Hunter. Her 20 S/D/J/Z does wonders and even outdoes a HUcast. Online, she's the least powerful Hunter and kinda useless if you've got a good Force in the team. HUnewearl's main pros are her abilities to solo and her ability to (somewhat) support other characters should there not be a Force. 3. Resta potency is definitely helpful, but you can always pop a di/trimate when it's needed.

This is all on what I think is best though. 4. Build it around your playing style. It's impossible as far as anyone knows to max out a HUnewearl on GCN, so go whichever way you wish.
    1. I do plan to max out luck, and if she was my main, I'd probably use more power materials, but as it stands, I have a Racast in desperate need of power, so he's the one I'm giving my power mats to.

2. This I'm aware of, which is why I'm thinking of going for a better resta and more TP over more power.

3. I don't think I've ever used a Trimate with her (if she was much higher level and had more HP I might) but yeah, even though I primarily use Resta to heal, I will just use dimates when I'm low on TP or need to heal instantly.

4. All I know is when I use her, I don't feel frustrated by lack of power, but I do feel frustrated by how much damage she takes, how low her HP is, and how quickly I use up my TP. I think I like balanced characters anyway.
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63

Well, it sounds to me like you should throw down on some mind materials, bratha.