Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a PSP 2001 v2 with a TA-088 Motherboard so that's not the reason why I thought I couldn't change back to CFW. I always thought that any upgraded OFW firmware past 5.03 couldn't be modded. A friend of mine bought a 2001 PSP once that was upgraded to 5.02 and I couldn't do a thing with it.

And I have Dissidia. I works fine with 5.00-6 M33. But like someone mentioned Soul Cal doesn't play and that's why I'm afraid. I was gonna get 5.50 GEN-B but I heard that PSX games don't work with it along with some of the new PSP games. Plus I'm not sure if it'll even work with motherboard. I keep seeing people say don't use it on a TA-088 motherboard. Plus all my custom themes probably wouldn't work either. That's why I haven't upgraded yet. I know others make CFW but Alex's was the best.

PSP 1000s can run soul calibur with 5.00m33... slims cant?

Not sure. No game has given me trouble with GEN-B. And the best thing yet is that it works with the PSN store and everything. I was also fortunate that my plug-ins still work with it. I especially like it for remotejoy, which is one of my main reasons for the CFW, in the first place. So I can cleanly record my gameplay movies. The Snapshot feature also works, for stills, which I used here to post my PSP screenshots.

Still, it's a given that people still work on these, so I doubt there will be a big issue with PSP2. And considering, I have doubts they'll make a bios revision just at the time that game releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Not sure. No game has given me trouble with GEN-B. And the best thing yet is that it works with the PSN store and everything. I was also fortunate that my plug-ins still work with it. I especially like it for remotejoy, which is one of my main reasons for the CFW, in the first place. So I can cleanly record my gameplay movies. The Snapshot feature also works, for stills, which I used here to post my PSP screenshots.

Still, it's a given that people still work on these, so I doubt there will be a big issue with PSP2. And considering, I have doubts they'll make a bios revision just at the time that game releases.
    Thanks for confirming that the GEN ones work with plugins and the PSN Store. I might try this one out later with Soul Calibur.

Soul Calibur does not work.
    I tried, because a lot of people were asking about it.
    I have GenB, Soul Calibur does not work with it.
    Every plugin so far has worked 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    Soul Calibur does not work.
    I tried, because a lot of people were asking about it.
    I have GenB, Soul Calibur does not work with it.
    Every plugin so far has worked 100%.
    Get the EU version, then in advanced settings you can set the top two options to "Enabled" and that SHOULD work.

Or, you can get the EU version and then patch the ISO that you rip from the UMD with a program someone made to make things easier.

The reason being is that the JP and US versions have both anti-piracy blocks and require 5.55, while the EU just has the anti-piracy blocks. Well, so I've heard. It DOES work, though. However the same trick does not work for games like, say, Tales of VS. It requires 5.55, no matter what.