Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    Well of course it's a douche bag thing to do. I never said it wasn't.
    I should have phrased that differently. Wasn't trying to suggest that that was what you were saying.

Ship 2 - Gatz

I've ran into a few strange/weird people like that, but it's expected in every MMO. Maybe I'm just jaded, but nothing online anymore seems "abnormal" to me anymore. Like many on here have said, many people are just expressing their feelings they have pent up inside because they can't do so in real life, or are too afraid to. And I'm sure the other half of those people are either exaggerating things greatly or just making up some BS story to get some attention.

No offense to anime fans out there either, but I find most of them are pretty..."different" shall we say, and this game in particular attracts those type of people because of the design and aesthetics of it, so you may have a little higher chance of coming across that sorta crap on here than on any other MMO, but that's not to say this type of behavior doesn't exist anywhere else because it's everywhere on the internet.

To make a long story short, if someone is sexually harassing you online or trying to get a little too close to you for comfort, simply blacklist and ignore them.

P.S. I want to add that personally, I find nothing wrong whatsoever with finding a videogame or anime/cartoon character "attractive." Just because it isn't real doesn't mean it can't be hot. Obviously, many people think they are or else you wouldn't have so many game designers and anime character designers making their characters with pretty faces and curvy bodies. You just need to have enough common sense to realize that the only thing those drawings or representations are good for is eye-candy, and nothing else. It only becomes a problem when you obsess over a fictional character to the point where you want to fantasize about being with it in a make-believe relationship.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

It's pretty simple overall. These games are mostly played by teenagers with no control of their libido neither restrictions behind anonymity to behave like they wouldn't in real life.

It's just so much people need to get laid for the first time lol

Quote Originally Posted by 3R View Post
    It's pretty simple overall. These games are mostly played by teenagers with no control of their libido neither restrictions behind anonymity to behave like they wouldn't in real life.

It's just so much people need to get laid for the first time lol
    This is why I think legalizing prostitution and brothels would cut down cybersex harassment considerably. >_>
    PSO2

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

I just had a chance to look this thread over, I've wondered when something like this would show up.

Would it scare OP a little if I said much, much stranger things have happened previous years on this game than what they witnessed? PSU has possibly one of the most interesting communities I've ever come across, it pales in comparison to even the most dramatic role playing communities I've been in or heard of.

Let me put it this way: " If you knew half the stuff that went down in this games lifetime, you'd prolly never want to be part of it in the first place."
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I see the characters who are "in love" are two female characters, who their players are male in the real world. This is not new to me, but then I hear that one wishes to "move in" with the other. So after being informed of their ages it turns out that a forty-five year old married male with three children is interested in pursuing a real world "love" relationship with an eighteen year old male who wishes to have a sex change.
    Poor girl, setting her sights so low as a would-be adulterer old enough to be her father. Did she think he'd leave his wife and three children, and then after that, remain faithful to her?

Would it be considered a harsh move to inform players who are publicly cybering in any form to take it to their room?
    No; a locked room or locked mission is really the only appropriate place for it.

It is not the game which worries me. I question if such a game intended for kids (as I refer a teenager to be a kid in my eyes as growth takes longer these years) is actually safe for children in the way of the current community.
    No, I don't think anyone should be out cybering in a place that isn't A) private, like their room or a mission, ideally locked or B) specifically designated for that kind of thing, which PSU is not. However, I will admit that your tone came off a little like a piece on the supposed immorality and horrors of gay and transgendered people, though I don't think you meant it that way.

Tetsaru's right, though--the Japanese are pretty deviant. You know those schoolgirl, maid, etc. outfits in the game? Those are big sexual fetishes in Japan (also underaged girls, which might explain some things), and I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they're in the game. Also, Voloyals, which I see about half the female characters in the game running around in. If they were a relatively uncommon sight, it'd be tolerable, but what the hell, community.

One of my best friends with a pretty character model is always telling me about how she is always been simple-mailed with requests for online-sexual favors....

If I were to part ways and leave this game, it would not be due to the lack of updates or to the style of playing. I would leave because of the sheer amount of indecency exposed to...

Has anyone else been exposed to this type of behavior and experience? Or is it something else?
    Yes, I have, though infrequently; I tend to scare off the players who don't know how to take "No" for an answer--then again, perhaps that's because I frequently play characters that don't fit the models of female beauty accepted by the subculture (or, for that matter, by our culture at large).

Just on a sidenote, I wanted to add that I have 3 female characters and only 1 male, but I never get any lewd mails from guys when I'm on my girlies. It's not that I'm a total ass when I play either. I suppose I've always been lucky in that regard. I hear other people get it often, but I've no idea why unless they're just unfortunate enough to keep running into pervs in the game.
    PSO2

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

MMORPGs, chatrooms, anything social and online in general that gives you a veil of anonymity (sp?) and the chance to roleplay and fake your identity will result in the kind of bullshit you run into Keilyn. These activities have a higher tendency to attract undesirables and/or people with "problems", so to speak. When you have a bunch of antisocial (using the defintion of antisocial being: unable to properly socialize and/or get along with others) people in a closely knit area with nothing to keep them in check, of *course* you're gonna run into these problems.

I play most of my characters as an extension of my personality rather than roleplaying completely differently. That's why I'm hesitant to play females, because I wouldn't feel like "myself" playing them. If I DO play females, I try not to make it look or sound like I am one and do things like dress them in combat gear rather than frilly outfits and/or things that would make an untrained player automatically assume I'm a female.

It's all how you handle it, I guess. Who knows, some males really want to be females in real life? I don't know.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

That is the internet, you just learn to ignore it. I don't know where you guys get these mad PSU tales, I didn't have much trouble during my 3 years on PSU and I'm actually a girl O_o
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.

I'm not afraid to play as a female character in a role playing game....simply because I don't give a damn what anyone says. See I'm not a talkable person in this, or any game that uses text and voice chat. I just play the game, have a good time, and that's it. Beleive it or not, actually based the 4 Thomas' I play as after ether myself or people I've met in real life.

There are tons of mentaly ill people in online gaming unforently, and those are the ones we always run into.

Also, as an anime fan (though not as much as you think I am), I feel very misrepersented by those who take the fandom for anime way too far.