Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Personally, I don't see why PC users were linked to PS2 users in the first place. Seems like it'd make more sense for a console made by Microsoft to also be paired with computers... MADE BY MICROSOFT. Nevertheless, it's just all the more reason why they should've tried to merge all the servers in the first place.

*EDIT* - DragonStriker, that's actually quite an interesting point. Why didn't Sega just wait until the newer, stronger console was released first before making a sequel to their highly successful PSO game?? It would've made more sense to me to just have the game across the new-gen consoles instead of splitting it up like they did...

PSU wasn't the biggest game coming out for the playstation franchise. Obviously they wanted to get their sales before all the other games came out with the PS3 release. Oh and if anyone remembers the 35 thousand Ps2/PC accounts they had within the first 3 months. Debating over the sales is just lol because it sold extremely well. The problem was the community didn't stay for a lot of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I see. Still, wasn't that far off. I think they could have held out releasing PSU for a little less than a month, if it meant better server quality.
    Think of how much competition they would have had for sales had they waited lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStriker View Post
    Think of how much competition they would have had for sales had they waited lol.

Point taken, but it would have actually been better for them in the long run if they would have waited. Oh, well. A double-edged sword if I ever saw one, I suppose. Nothing anyone can do to change it now.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Point taken, but it would have actually been better for them in the long run if they would have waited. Oh, well. A double-edged sword if I ever saw one, I suppose. Nothing anyone can do to change it now.
    Why would it have been better?

More owners in Japan own a Playstation 2 than Playstation 3; In fact it might still be the most owned home console. People in Japan also much prefer console gaming to PC.

Don't mention the US and Europe in their efforts in marketing decisions; we are second-rate customers and we do not matter. This was the best decision SEGA could have made. Unfortunately, so much was cut out because of Sony's poor timing with disabling HDD support on the Playstation 2.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    More owners in Japan own a Playstation 2 than Playstation 3; In fact it might still be the most owned home console. People in Japan also much prefer console gaming to PC.

Don't mention the US and Europe in their efforts in marketing decisions; we are second-rate customers and we do not matter. This was the best decision SEGA could have made. Unfortunately, so much was cut out because of Sony's poor timing with disabling HDD support on the Playstation 2.
    If anyone remembers PS3 had a hard time selling to begin with. Releasing a game for just PS3 would have killed a lot of their sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Personally, I don't see why PC users were linked to PS2 users in the first place. Seems like it'd make more sense for a console made by Microsoft to also be paired with computers... MADE BY MICROSOFT. Nevertheless, it's just all the more reason why they should've tried to merge all the servers in the first place.

*EDIT* - DragonStriker, that's actually quite an interesting point. Why didn't Sega just wait until the newer, stronger console was released first before making a sequel to their highly successful PSO game?? It would've made more sense to me to just have the game across the new-gen consoles instead of splitting it up like they did...
    That would have been great but I bet that would have costed SEGA a bunch of money. The PS series is just not popular enough. FF11 could because of course many thousands of people would buy the game and play it.

PS just isnt popular enough so SEGA HAS to cut down on costs.

people these days..............

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Slayer View Post
    people these days..............
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.