Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

The main difference between PSO and PSU is that PSO was "unlocked" from the start, PSU is only being locked due to Sega wanting to make more profit out of the game.

EDIT: If PSU had been unlocked from the start, I might have enjoyed it but like Niered said, it was only about waiting on updates, to finally grind the content in a weekend of time with good players, then wait another 3 months+ for new content.

A lot of players started playing PSU at like level 100+, I started 4 days after it came out because I couldn't get the PS2 version anywhere, so yeah I had my share of waiting on content, maxing all my PAs on my 4 charas etc.

EDIT: Let's not forget PC/PS2 servers had a bunch of hackers, so that ruined it too for me, perhaps if I started on 360 from Day 1 i'd still be playing today.
    Last edited by Arikado; Nov 20, 2009 at 12:38 PM.

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

I sold psu for the 360 because I hate it... ABSOLUTELY HATE IT, when a service on a console makes me pay for online. On the PC I'm willing to pay a monthly fee. Because it's one service. But I pay for internet, then XBL, and then they want me to pay for PSU subscription or w/e? I'll pass.
    [Previously known as Kevino]

Get your self together, let the light pour in.

You can be like my big brother and order me around and I can disappoint you all the time :3

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar_Furor View Post
    I sold psu for the 360 because I hate it... ABSOLUTELY HATE IT, when a service on a console makes me pay for online. On the PC I'm willing to pay a monthly fee. Because it's one service. But I pay for internet, then XBL, and then they want me to pay for PSU subscription or w/e? I'll pass.
    Aren't you paying for Xbox Live either ways though? I mean i'd play on 360 servers if I were you because they had no hacks mainly.

I'm one of the few guys that refused given 99 mils meseta on PC/PS2 servers, the day they fixed it, I was screwed, everyone had 8 x 99 mil Meseta while I had my legit 10m. >_>;

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

Yeah but that's my point. I'm ALREADY paying for XBL, which puts me in contact with the people already! Every other game I have ever wanted and have has 'free online' BECAUSE of it's compatibility with XBL. If someone is hacking on XBL, and caught, they will be banned. So I find it utterly redundant to charge me for an online system that doesn't need to exist. If it were like 5 usd sure, that'd be fine. But 15 usd a month (correct me if I'm wrong) is quite a bit for me. I only make about 1.2k a month, and live w/ my mom for now (she's moving to Tennessee in a few years so if I stay here I get to stay in the house and just take over the bills) and while I can support my self on that money 15 a month is about 2 weeks of food for me. It's basically a shell thing. PSU, inside Xbl, inside internet. I don't like the idea that if this is allowed to go on, and other companies pick it up, and I just so happen to like the games, I'll have to pay 60 usd for the game AND x usd a month PER GAME. I don't like it.
    [Previously known as Kevino]

Get your self together, let the light pour in.

You can be like my big brother and order me around and I can disappoint you all the time :3

I've been playing PSU for two years without paying for xbox live... I just went gold a year ago and I'm paying for both (and hardly using any of them lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar_Furor View Post
    Yeah but that's my point. I'm ALREADY paying for XBL, which puts me in contact with the people already! Every other game I have ever wanted and have has 'free online' BECAUSE of it's compatibility with XBL. If someone is hacking on XBL, and caught, they will be banned. So I find it utterly redundant to charge me for an online system that doesn't need to exist. If it were like 5 usd sure, that'd be fine. But 15 usd a month (correct me if I'm wrong) is quite a bit for me. I only make about 1.2k a month, and live w/ my mom for now (she's moving to Tennessee in a few years so if I stay here I get to stay in the house and just take over the bills) and while I can support my self on that money 15 a month is about 2 weeks of food for me. It's basically a shell thing. PSU, inside Xbl, inside internet. I don't like the idea that if this is allowed to go on, and other companies pick it up, and I just so happen to like the games, I'll have to pay 60 usd for the game AND x usd a month PER GAME. I don't like it.
    a) You don't need Live to play PSU.
    b) Just because you HAVE Live already doesn't mean it's outlandish of SEGA (who doesn't profit from Live) to charge for THEIR service.
    c) 9 dollars a month out of 1200 isn't very much.
    d) 15 bucks is two weeks of food? Do you eat nothing but ramen?
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    a) You don't need Live to play PSU.
    b) Just because you HAVE Live already doesn't mean it's outlandish of SEGA (who doesn't profit from Live) to charge for THEIR service.
    c) 9 dollars a month out of 1200 isn't very much.
    d) 15 bucks is two weeks of food? Do you eat nothing but ramen?
    Good point, I played PSU for a month with only silver which is free and I didn't find $9 a big hassle per month.
    I just didn't have fun so I left.

Please Pm me if you added me so I can add you. XD
    Combined signature images cannot exceed 180 pixels in height or 35,000 bytes in size.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post

HAHA, Dreamcast and Playstation 2 are on the same generation, sir.
    Oh yes, because it wasn't like the game came out near the end of that consoles lifetime, and for the 360 as well no less.

Your point does nothing more than highlight the fact that PSU came out so long after PSO, that It should have been an improvement. Instead it was downgrade. I was using that as an example of how much better the series should have gotten in that period of time.

In any case, I'm finished arguing this point. Ive made a clear and thorough argument as to why PSU is an awful, cheap attempt at an Online Action RPG, by continuing to dissect minute parts of my statements you do nothing more than validate the ones you avoid. Have fun playing a game where "patches" are nothing more than bytes of unlock data, and the bosses and enemies are all reskins. Hope you don't get bored playing that same mission highlight for a month straight, and don't forget that your server populations are smaller than diablo's.
    Last edited by Niered; Nov 20, 2009 at 08:00 PM.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    Have fun playing* a game where "patches" are nothing more than bytes of unlock data, and the bosses and enemies are all reskins. Hope you don't get bored playing that same mission highlight for a month straight, and don't forget that your server populations are smaller than diablo's.

* Thanks. I will (once I get my 'Box back, of course).

Oh yes, because it wasn't like the game came out near the end of that consoles lifetime, and for the 360 as well no less.

Your point does nothing more than highlight the fact that PSU came out so long after PSO, that It should have been an improvement. Instead it was downgrade. I was using that as an example of how much better the series should have gotten in that period of time.
    It's on 360 but it's still a PS2 port, PSO is a Dreamcast game ported to Gamecube, Xbox and PC, and PSU is a Playstation 2 game ported to 360 and PC, they are the same generation, in two very similar systems, PS2 didn't even have the HD at the time because Sony stopped giving support to it, the mechanics could not improve too much between a DC game and a PS2 game, but it did greatly, for a PS2 vs DC game.

Have fun playing a game where "patches" are nothing more than bytes of unlock data
    At least it has regular patches, pso had like a new online mission twice a year.

and the bosses and enemies are all reskins.
    Welcome to 2000, game: PSO, let me introduce you to the booma family all along the Forest, Caves and Ruins! and PSU has as much reskined bosses as PSO, but PSU has more bosses than PSO

Hope you don't get bored playing that same mission highlight for a month straight
    Towards the Future.