Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Future Hall of Famer

The ET is one of the worst things I have come across in a video game ever, and I've played alot. Mainly the fact that it's mandatory to get to SH. I'm still debating on weather or not I'm gonna get a second cart because of it. I could understand if it wasn't mandatory and all the best rares were in there.

Quote Originally Posted by leviayurashyguy View Post
    they do but gigrantis does less damage for a wider PBAoE
    Yeah and it's easier to control. Anyway I hope that helps. Thats just what I do anyway. Oh and I use a pure mind mag and my mats are 75 mind/25 hit.

@Assassin: ET was pretty made to be the most tedious and obnoxious level in phantasy star history. Its on par with ocarina of time's water temple.

ugh you have more hit than me, im 80mind/20power mats but can equip a 70mind/30hit mag to compensate

also there was an extremely long dungeon in Shining Force Neo and Luminous Arc =o
    Your signature image is over the file size limit. Please reduce to 35,000 bytes or less. Refer to the forum rules for further sig limit details.
    my to do list:
    1. find a job
    2. take over the world
    3. buy groceries

Looks like I got my answer pretty early on, thanks guys!

To answer the 2 questions I saw on the first page:

1) I'm trying to warm up to FOmar, I really am. I must be doing something wrong that's preventing me from using the class to its full potential. I went full MST mats, so that limits me to force weapons mainly. If I went full atp so that my power and mind would be close to equal, what are some good melee and ranged options for this class?

It's also aesthetics. My FOmar looks fine if I have the last head option, but who doesn't use that one? I'm using option 2 at the moment just to be "unique", but it just makes me wanna punch the guy. Back to the spikey hair, I suppose!

2) Maybe I'll just keep my alts on hard mode for the time being, I still have rares to collect from those difficulties anyways. Having a lv100 ranger running all the maps on super hard isn't such a bad thing, kinda feels like wasted exp though. If I manage to get my alts to lv90 on hard mode, I'll just make them plow through ET on a rainy day or something at that point.

Really, this thread has been very helpful. Thanks again.
    "Oh Earth, what changes has thou seen / There were the long street roars
    Hath been the stillness of the central sea / The hills are shadows
    And they flow from form to form / And nothing stands
    Like clouds that shape themselves and go"

Quote Originally Posted by barnacleez View Post

1) I'm trying to warm up to FOmar, I really am. I must be doing something wrong that's preventing me from using the class to its full potential. I went full MST mats, so that limits me to force weapons mainly. If I went full atp so that my power and mind would be close to equal, what are some good melee and ranged options for this class?

It's also aesthetics. My FOmar looks fine if I have the last head option, but who doesn't use that one? I'm using option 2 at the moment just to be "unique", but it just makes me wanna punch the guy. Back to the spikey hair, I suppose!

2) Maybe I'll just keep my alts on hard mode for the time being, I still have rares to collect from those difficulties anyways. Having a lv100 ranger running all the maps on super hard isn't such a bad thing, kinda feels like wasted exp though. If I manage to get my alts to lv90 on hard mode, I'll just make them plow through ET on a rainy day or something at that point.

LIES!!!! I use my Fomar much for aesthetics as well as for utility. However, the biggest lie I see is his head!!! Real Fomars use top hats b/c top hats > anything else you can stick on that lump between your shoulders that you call your head. Good day, sir!!!

a) Force weapons and slicers are melee. They attack with MST as well, so you don't need to contribute to ATP. Until SH most people use melee anyway because you don't need tons of hit and your spells won't be efficient enough.

b) The customization is so horrible you'll pretty much have a look alike regardless. Just do what you'd like.

If you'd like but if you hunt things on your RA you'll be able to level more quickly on your alts. Either way is fine. You'll get bored if you try to use the same character constantly.

i didn't think u had to do hard ET on all i thought it was just doing all the quests with one chara, or does that only unlock SH for that one chara ?
    | MSN Phantasy Star | PSP2 | Neah HUbeast (F) 122 | Zhai FOcaseal 133 |

Quote Originally Posted by Kirukia View Post
    a) Force weapons and slicers are melee. They attack with MST as well, so you don't need to contribute to ATP. Until SH most people use melee anyway because you don't need tons of hit and your spells won't be efficient enough.

b) The customization is so horrible you'll pretty much have a look alike regardless. Just do what you'd like.

If you'd like but if you hunt things on your RA you'll be able to level more quickly on your alts. Either way is fine. You'll get bored if you try to use the same character constantly.
    a) Keep forgetting I can use slicers, I've been using my Emerald Tablet almost exclusively for the exp boost and gimegid / magical sign spammage. Need to grind my level up to get to use those lv15 tech disks and those most sought after force weapons. Once I get high enough and raise another hit mag, I'll add in slicers (and rods) to the mix.

b) Again, another good reminder. Not very hard to find a lookalike online in freeplay, hahaha.

When I still played PSU, I used my CAST almost exclusively. My poor alts never hit a level cap, ever. Gonna have to make it up to 'em in this version... or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofr View Post
    LIES!!!! I use my Fomar much for aesthetics as well as for utility. However, the biggest lie I see is his head!!! Real Fomars use top hats b/c top hats > anything else you can stick on that lump between your shoulders that you call your head. Good day, sir!!!
    Your post has inspired me. I see what's been missing all along!

A tip of the hat to you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by zeital View Post
    i didn't think u had to do hard ET on all i thought it was just doing all the quests with one chara, or does that only unlock SH for that one chara ?
    only unlocks it for the one you must do 14 quests per character that you want to do super with on solo thats all the quests including the tower and minus the third daughter
    if you dont mind being online you can do super after level 60 but this means they cant do super et and thats where all the best stuff in the game is
    i got two characters on super right now trying to force myself to do the hard et again to get the third one
    sucks alot huh
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Erk...FO's. Stealing my kills with their fancy fairy sparkles. Be men and use your fists!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly_Belly574 View Post
    i have a PSP but its being a douche
    Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    SEGA is run by monkeys.