Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Unhappy

nooooo :'(( this is to sudden, Pouny never approved it !
    Pouny will miss everyone

(\_/)
    (;-; ) nuuu.....
    (><)
    Last edited by Noxia; Jan 23, 2010 at 12:38 PM.

GLORY TO POUNY !!!!!
    pounybunny !! nuuuu !!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109875

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174250
    Looks like as long as an account exists, even if it is not active, you can use it without having to pay as soon as the free period begins.
    This is worth moving to the next page. Thanks for the information so that others don't make this mistake. Consider it a donation to the XBox version, lol.
    Cheating is just an admission of personal inadequacy.

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    Ah, well from what I've heard the Japanese community on 360 is VERY small ;P. Sadly their website is still cooler than the US PS2 one.
    There's more weaboos that pretend to be Japanese than actuall Japanese players. The community is large because there are few MMOs on 360 and PSU has a decently known name so players who wanna test the waters with it do so. Para is just an idiot for making that assumption of Japanese players.

this is a terrible loss for phantasy star fans but if it brings about something better i guess i can be alright with 360 players keeping it
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Erk...FO's. Stealing my kills with their fancy fairy sparkles. Be men and use your fists!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly_Belly574 View Post
    i have a PSP but its being a douche
    Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    SEGA is run by monkeys.

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

Man this is sad but I guess in the end it had to happen.

Ah well, team SFS will happily see you on the other side of that door.

(Farewell from Me, Sierra, Blitza, Eugenic and ETH OS)

Hope to see some of you on the free period.

P.S. Ironic, MAG killed off majority of the population. MAG+ signals the death of the server. (Sierra)

Raziel, Keeper of Secrets DarkShadowX's Avatar

Well I feel this was a LONG time coming. We had little to no support for the longest time on the servers, its still sad to see it go. I'll most likely renew my sub and play for these last 2 months, and give PSU a nice old Send Off. I hope to see alot of other PSOWers both new and old in the coming last days.

R.I.P PSU, I thank you for all the memories, and look forward to hopefully seeing a future Phantasy Star installment soon!
    PSO Veteran from DC Day 1. Better known as Outtrigger (DC) and Karsh (GC).
    PSU Veteran from Day 1. R.I.P. PSU, I thank you for all the memories!

PSO Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    Ah, well from what I've heard the Japanese community on 360 is VERY small ;P. Sadly their website is still cooler than the US PS2 one.
    there used to be quite a lot of japanese people on the 360 side, however, only few of them still play.
    the majority moved to the PC version (obviously) or plays other games now..
    my main-chars:
    PSOI&II: Ark (FOmar), Tira2nd^-^' (HUnewearl)
    PSO III: DuRaL (RAarkz)
    PSZ: ありさ~♪ツ (HUmarl), みずギー☆ (FOnewearl)
    PSU360: Ark' (Beast F), ChangPo! (Cast F)

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.

I do have to say though, I am bit saddened by this news. Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of pulling the plug on Ms. Sega Shaivo. I've never minced words about why I considered PSU to be a horrible game. But it's one of those rare titles that's horrible because the potential for how good it could have been was so painfully obvious. A sort of uncanny valley of gaming, I suppose. A beautiful thing strangled by inept management, lack of direction, and a lack money. Do they truly understand that they're making bad games, or does the popularity of Sonic as a gaming icon and their past glories lead them to think that they can put in a half-hearted effort and still shit gold?

This is a mercy killing that should have occurred long ago.

Yet I still, in a way, want the game to continue. The characters I created and their back stories acted as a bit of a coping mechanism for the bad parts of PSU, allowing me to overlook the horrid parts. They were tied to the original storyline, and seeing PSU end is now like cutting a part of the original series out. In a way, it was my Phantasy Star V. I won't miss PSU... I'll miss my coping mechanism. Though it's a bit fitting as well. I had always planned for my two main characters to die at the end of the story. NM killing Neika, Ethan refusing to become NM's Rolf, and NM's absolution by fulfilling her role as a living Nei Weapon - sacrificing her life to defeat Dark Force. Neika's spirit calling NM home, that everyone was waiting for her to join them in the sword Elysion.

Heh, turns out my final scene was no less cheesy than Sonic Team's Ethan/Karen/Mirei ending. Or at least, it would have been if I were allowed to continue playing those characters long after the story was over. The closing of the servers punctuates the bittersweet tragedy I was longing for, and makes it personal. In this way, PSU accomplishes a depth of texture and human connection to the storyline that none of the games in the series could hope to accomplish.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jan 22, 2010 at 11:10 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Well, it's not over if you decide to play JP or 360.

Well..... and just when I had planned on re-subbing for MAG+ (perhaps I do indeed enjoy the torture).

I look forward to what the future has in store while remembering the past and all the glorious memories that I had from Day 1 of the servers being up.

I need to find time to make a memorial sig picture...