Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life of a FO

mmm... sammich...

Stick with Foie...

People that use Rafoie to kill everything are, quite frankly, idiots. It's difficult to enough to cover the cost of trifluids as is, without burning up all that TP on a weak and unnecessary spell.

They way techs work is that the simple techs have the highest hitting power, and the lowest TP cost. Hard techs have the lowest hitting power and the highest TP cost; they're designed to take out large groups of enemies, not a single one.

The reason your normal techs hit harder than you simple techs is simply that FOmars receive a 30% bonus in damage to their normal techs. I think you'd still find it more TP-efficient to use Foie, unless you have multiple targets, in which case I'd stick with what you're doing already.

Also, I doubt you'll ever own everything in ultimate. It's possible to one or two-shot critters in the forest and caves, eventually, but forget about it anywhere else.

It's also a LOT easier offline. For instance, with a Summit Moon & Red Merge equipped, my FOnewearl can just just shy of 1000 damage to a Bartle with Foie offline. Exact same setup online doesn't even hit 600.

...now that I think about it, they should've made Zalure drop enemy resistance, too. :

My Foamr: Lvl 131

Psycho Wand
    Brightness Circle
    Resta Merge
    GOD/MIND x4
    SOMA Mag (19 1,22,15
    about hmmmm 1290 MST and 2100? TP
    Most of my techs are 27+ but I cant find a dam RAfoie higher then 24!...the RAfoie curse!

Tweaked for fighting:
    RED SABER (35,20,0,20) Vulcan (40,0,50,0,40 hit%!)
    Brightness Circle
    Tripolic Shield (Duped so what )
    GOD/BODY x2
    GOD/ARM
    Elf/Arm++ (gotta love em!)
    DIWARI Mag (13,138,48,1) makes my base ATP about 890 o.O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yosho on 2003-05-26 06:35 ]</font>

Mildly peeved forum member

Id just get a nice berserk or hell or giest vulcan with great %s.youll be a force to be reckoned with.

I just found a giest Vulcan...no hit% though >_<

Mildly peeved forum member

Then its useless. lol. you wont be able to hit anything at all.

It's not completely useless, seeing as I gave it to my RAmarl who already has great ATA.

Why is your mind dead set on Foei?
    The best thing to use in Ulti is ice attacks I kill instantly with my Ice attacks even at level 27 is a pretty good chance I just dont know why your raging iwth the fire attacks , find a friend that has alot of mind equiment or a high level mag you can borrow and level up your techs.

Quickie in flyff- aibatt

Actually the best way to go with a male force is no weapon at all. And for the FOnewm I got a Red Merge on and I bust about 397 or something like that in Ultimate forest Offline. He's lv 59 by the way. He was so weak that he had to use a scape doll to beat the Dragon. HA HA HA HA. I didn't feel like putting on HP units. Anyway.

If you're not concerned with speed you can equip a Prophets of Motav with a FOnewm and do some nasty RA tech damage. It boosts all Hard spells.(Grants and Megid included) It's all in how you want to play.

a fonewm being a gifoie addict...

things that make ya go hmmmmm........

Veteran Fighter

Ok, just to do a little more updating.

L75?
    950MST?

Using still the same equipment since Whitill doesn't really find any good force stuff...

the units I was using and still am
    Angel/Mind++
    GOD/MIND
    GOD/MIND
    GOD/TP

Also I play offline exclusively so. Frankly for the TP cost of GIFOIE and FOIE, At L27 for FOIE and L25 for GIFOIE, the damage is rougly the same so I get lazy and just cast it, even on one enemy. It's a difference of 5-10 TP.

The reason I've got this whitill FO is to find weapons for my RAmarl, specifically was hoping to find Handgun GULD & MILLA. So I'm concerned about being able to kill things quickly. In single player offline, piping back isn't much of an issue. Fluid issue usually isn't an issue either. I do a lot of Forest of Sorrow runs to kill the Tallows and it's also good for XP at my level. Plus I just found out it has a nice surprise for Whitills a frozen shooter from Hildetorrs. This was the second Hildetorr I've ever seen across 3 characters that have gotten to ULTIMATE.

Anyhow, in terms of using GIFOIE. I find it more effective and efficient.
    - It's a very useful spell since it continually considers the whole traversed path as being targetted. So even if you see the spiral of fire going out, the center is actually still a target. You can test this with rappies. Fire once and run away, you'll see that the instant they get up, they get hit with the GIFOIE. Also with RAFOIE. You need to coral them all together. With GIFOIE, all you have to do is cast it and stand there and avoid their attacks since they will all congregate towards you anyway.
    - I only have a merge with GIFOIE, not a Red Merge.
    - GIFOIE spells are easier to find high level versions of.