Default Weapon suggestions for a rookie hunter?

Hello everyone. My character is a Newman Female. I started as a Force, and then went on to Fotetcher. I've now maxed out my job level as FOtetcher and I've decided it's time I started to expand my horizens a bit so I changed my class to Hunter. It's certainly a lot different than being a caster, and it seems I'm limited to B rank weapons.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some suggestions on swords and Photon Arts to use. A lot of PSU's items are still pretty unknown to me, and I'm still in the process of learning how to use all the weapons. I'm level 85 give or take overall. I did MAG+ S difficulty with 1 team mate as my new Hunter and I got ripped apart. Hoping some of you more experienced players have some suggestions for good swords to grab.

I would pick up a decent hand gun with the highest accuracy possible for your character and class level and a saber with rising crush. It's the first saber PA. Then for a few runs I would tag along and just try and hit everything so you still gain experience. After a few runs you should level up enough to get fortefighter which should make things a little easier. Then I would grab a kan yu if you really want to use swords. They look cool and have decent stats. If it were me I would start with the first sword PA. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head. It swings in a circle and can hit multiple enemies. Hope that helps a little.

Scratch the kan yu which I momentarily forgot is male only. The huge cutter is a cheap 10* sword or you could look to get a svaltus which I would recommend. They have tons of PP.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Feb 11, 2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: merge from double post, please edit your posts

Hunter can only use C and B rank weapons. If you want to go higher, you'd have to switch to an advanced type.

As a Basic Hunter, you'd be ripped apart in MAG+ S lol...

If you enjoy using swords, I would suggest leaning toward Fortefighter, Protranser, and Fighmaster since they all use S-rank swords. The best sword skill is undoubtfully "Tornado Break" (groups), followed by "Gravity Break" (for single targets). However, I'm quite fond of "Spinning Break".

I wouldn't worry much about your race since Hunter jobs are easy enough. You're just missing out on SUV and Nanoblast pretty much.

However, if you actually were looking for job suggestions, I would suggest Fighgunner or Acrofighter if you want a more "melee" job. Wartecher would be next, but its still teching (and I'm assuming you wanted to do something different).

Fighgunner is solid with its Double Sabers, Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Machineguns, Crossbows and Twin Handguns. Acrofighter plays a little better with Newman's stats (high EVP) and has a speed bonus. Plus, you'd be able to do the highest RCSM damage with a Newman (it uses TP).

Basically:
    Fortefighter: Heavy artillery. Axes, Swords, Spears, Knuckles, Twin Claws, Twin Sabers.
    Fighgunner: Ranged + melee. Double Sabers, Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Machine Guns, Twin Handguns, Crossbows
    Wartecher: Melee + teching. Twin Claws, Knuckles, Whips, Twin Daggers, Wands, TCSMs
    Acrofighter: Quick, evasive fighter. Knuckles, Twin Claws, Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Daggers, Sabers, Slicers, RCSMs, Cards, Twin handguns
    Protranser: Heavy ranged and melee weapons + traps. Basically a mix between Fortefighter and Fortegunner.
    Last edited by unicorn; Feb 11, 2010 at 06:58 PM.

dont take this game seriously or quit now. Otherwise welcome to PSU

I just switched to Wartecher, so I have more options open now.
    Last edited by Cranberry; Feb 11, 2010 at 11:48 PM.

Knuckles and Spears are pretty nice. I like Bogga Zubba for Knuckles and Dus Robado for Spears. If you've got some extra PA frags around, Dus Majarra and Bogga Robado are both good Photon Arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    I just switched to Wartecher, so I have more options open now.
    I loved wartecher, took it to level 11 and then switched to masterforce..only because wartecher doesn't get S rank spears. I love spears .. ugh

i was going to say to get some 50% seva falsans & spinning strike but i guess that would only be relevent for leveling hunter, ranger & force classes whilst jumping into mag+ partys.

I`ll never part with mine

WT huh? Well the game community can always use more of them, dont let people tell you they suck, those are the elitists. No class is bad in this game, we all are way over powered compared to the enemies we are facing and that sometimes makes the game less fun because it stuff just dies before you even get a chance to test your weapons out. lol. But WT is a fun class, great defense and with buffs, you can make yourself nearly invincble. lol.

Since you are not a Beast you still have a lot of options. I would deffinetly get a set of Gudda Igga's, some people say they suck because the highest percents right now are only 33% but they cause shock which works really well on Delsabans, damn bastards.

Twin Claws are another excellent option, Twin Falclaws are reletivly cheap and cause stun, pretty frequently from what I have heard.

My favorite weapons are twin Daggers. I loved using that Hishou move.

You have so many options as WT, they have the most weapon combinations in the game I believe, just play around with all of them.

As far as PA's are concerned: Again you have more options than almost all classes so just play around some.

My Favorites
    Knuckles: Both ultimates and Zubba
    Twin Daggers: Hishou, and Mobu are the best
    Twin Claws: Actually all are pretty decent claws look the best on Female characters
    Single Daggers: I like the Ultimate
    Last edited by stinkyfish97; Feb 15, 2010 at 03:28 PM.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Newman Wartechers suck.