Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Race for Wartecher

Since I recently switched over to 360 servers, I eventually want to make a Wartecher (because I absolutely love the type no matter what anyone else says!)

In the past, I primarily played Cast Wartecher and it was a very interesting mix, 2nd best melee stats along with Paradi Cataract, it was solid.

But since I'm going for a fresh start, I was wondering if Human or Beast Wartechers are better options? I'm currently playing Newman Wartecher only for the Masterforce pre-req, I wouldn't play it regularly though...it feels too weak and WT doesn't use attack techs enough to justify playing as a Newman. Although I think Nei Claws look best on a Newman

So what would you guys suggest? Play it on a CAST like I did in the past, or make a Beast or Human? I'm slightly leaning on Beast over human though.... And I'd like to play Acrotecher sometimes too.

My preference would be at first to make a Beast WT because of the attack, HP (clothing) but the SUV and the accuracy would really play a part with claws, whips etc. Never make a Human, the whole speculation of that they are equally good at every class to an extent is another way of saying they are s**t at everything. But then again, that's my preference.

(Wow all that really didn't contribute toward the problem) If you want style and HP beast but if you want to use a SUV obviously CAST. Plus, you could use a vivveneieneine fluge as a main healer when you get it. Just throwing it out there
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    And yeah, I do suck

I say go Female Beast WT. First off female beast will have higher TP than a male beast. Male beasts will have slightly more ATA, ATP, HP, EVA and female beasts will have higher, DFP, MST, TP, STA, yes females actually get a +2 bonus to STA. Now looking at weapons, when comparing the races it is important to look at weapons beasts are afforded really good cheap knuckles in Gudda Hons, you can find 50% on the market at fair prices, they not only look cool but are some of the most powerful knuckles in the game. You also have S-Rank claws, while none of these are exclusive females have a slightly different animation when using normal attacks, this animation actually lets them complete one extra swing and thus females actually hit enemies one more time than males while using claws, only for normal attacks though.

The thing about this class and many of the hybrid classes is that it really is suited so you can play with any race.

Casts have low tp, mst which dont exactly make them ideal but the SUV is pretty cool.
    Humans, actually do make decent WT but I prefer newman or beast over them because they fall middle road even with this class.
    Newmans, have high TP and MST which will make them better techers and I would say Male newman is slightly better because they have a higher ATP and ATA, but still teching is almost secondary on this class.
    Beasts well they are pretty well suited for this class as striking is your primary damage dealing followed by techs.

When you try to make techs your primary damage dealer with this class, well lets just say they are the 4th best teching class, just barely edging out GT, well actually they are pretty close to the same. As far as strking weapons are concerned they arent exactly the best but they do enough to just scrape by. This class's real skill lies in the ability to absorb damage, gi-techs, close range weapons are where this class is at, you are a front line warrior capable of taking damage and because you will not need to heal as often because your defensive stats are pretty ridiculous so you can just sit there and spam attacks constantly. People will tell you this class is weak and yeah they are but they have one unique aspect and that is they have pretty high health, and very high DFP, MST, pretty high EVP, and if you play female 12 stamina, making it likely you will not be the one dying in missions.

Thats about all I can say about WT.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I've played both human and newman wartecher extensively and I found them to be fun. As far as the most efficient races go for the non-JP servers, I'd say CAST and human are your best bets. Newman WT feels pretty lacking. Techs have become near useless for WT aside from linear and single target techs, and buffs.

Beast WT can work as well, but ATA will become an issue with nearly everything, especially with whips... and whips are important for your damage output. Knuckles are naturally good for WT though and the accuracy will help quite a bit for a beast. Overall, the slight atp boost and nanoblast barely does any justice for the loss of ata.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Keep in mind female beast WT would have the lowest ATA in the game. ATA may not mean much for other classes, but it could be an issue for WT.

I played female beast WT. ATA wasn`t really an issue. The two problems are that I really didn`t care for the nano blast attack pattern. With it I only got off a few good hits and eventully i stopped using it all together. Also with beast, the main damage comes from using melee weapons, so you might as well go fighter to maximize damage.

Newman is at the other end of the spectrum. Attack doesn`t count for much, so you might as well be a raw techer. This is why no one really settles into being a career wartecher. What I recommend is pick which attack style you prefer, Techs or Melee and then dabble in WT on occasion.

For race combination, I`d say either male newman or female beast.

I currently have wartecher lvled on my beast and human, and I would say that you should consider going human. I love wartecher on my beast because it is stronger, but there is one key thing coming, the supplemental update. With a human you will be able to customize wartecher a bit more, which is very good for a class like that has so many options. As a human you get 20 weapon proficiency points, which means you could take 4 weapons to lvl 40 PA's. As a cast or beast you will only get 10 Points, which means only 2 weapons. As a human you could also take your diga series of spells to 40, since they are the strongest and humans can use magic decently. Although magic is weak in this game, I think that being able to use it is a part of wartecher and really gives it the "do all" feeling.

Street Representer Cookie Monster's Avatar

Cast WT can be a "tank" whenever we get access to GAS. Race dfp pool+WT's high dfp multiplier and Provoke will make you a formidable damage sponge, and obviously having an SUV/high ata is always nice when you're using whips If you're going for damage output(with melee weps) though I would still go with a beast, but that's just because I like big numbers over always hitting. Newman WT is more or less a gimped version of FT with more health. Human anything is kind of lame >_> My best advice would be to go Cast WT if you want to be more of a supportive WT by using buffs and eventually being the focus of the enemies(provoke), beast WT if you want to be more about smashing skulls in, and Newman if you die too much as a MF

TL;DR?
    Pick the one you'll have most fun with, not like you can't change classes/chars later on anyways!
    GT: KGB CareBear
    ----------------------------------------------------
    You Must Construct Additional Pylons!

I hate to say it but CAST seems to do WT best at the moment. Highest DFP and ACC, second highest ATP. With attack techs being what they are TP is only needed for healing and you'll do well enough with a lvl 30 resta. SUV, high ACC and ATP will make it the most effeicient WT for sure. Kinda sad that the tech/fighter hybrid is played best by the least tech inclined race. My personal opinion? Go Beast. But then I'm crazy, I like bad race/class matches. WT has the lowest ACC of the melee classes but this can be offset on a Beast with weapon and gear choices. Gudda Hons are a must I think though you might have trouble connecting with whips in some stages where the mobs have high evasion. WT's melee options are such that you should be able to work around this fairly easily. No LKK's and you should be fine. Really the only place I think you'll hurt is having a Nanoblast rather than an SUV. The transformation just doesn't seem worth it these days. But hey, whatcha gonna do?

I've played male human WT and female beast WT, and in my experience female beast dominates over human in WT (well in pretty much everything). I would advise wearing a high end ata boosting arm unit though as you will notice the stat drop (especially coming from cast). Depending on how much you rely on your PA skills you might even get by with hit charge unit until you can find/afford something better.