Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Halo Reach Beta

There's nothing better than having 5 friends and playing Invasion mode. Already getting some crazy "File Share" type moments
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

New playlist update is live. Straight from the B-Net

A new gametype goes live alongside some fancy new updates.

Embrace change! We've just made some adjustments to the Halo: Reach Beta and introduced a new flavor of Slayer inside the Grab Bag playlist. Along with a host of under-the-hood technical type stuff that you don't need to be too concerned about, here's the list of alterations you'll definitely wanna know about:

Grab Bag’s “SvE Slayer” pits Spartans vs. Elites
    Spartan DMR Loadout removed from Invasion Phase 1
    CTF Flag return proximity slightly increased
    Headhunter skull pickup radius increased
    Same team Stockpile flag removal and re-scoring resolved

It's all live right now. Fire up the Beta and check it out!
    Spartans vs. Elites is my favorite gametype so far. It is really fun and the best part of it is that you spawn with a dmr or a needle rifle.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

i do not like spartans vs elites its kinda unbalanced. from what ive played of it the elites have won every game of it. rolling>sprint, plasma grenade>frag

It's meant to be that way. They're testing just how large the gap between Spartans and Elites really is. I've won plenty of games as the Spartans, you just can't rush head first at an Elite and expect to live.

I do wish, however, that in SvE we could keep our custom colours. Spartans and Elites are different enough that I don't think it's asking too much not to force team colours on us.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I think that I've seen Spartans win more than the Elites in SvE. Most of the time Elites just rush in and the Spartans are able to sprint away and get them with the DMR.

Generator Defense is pretty fun. I hope they keep it for the final game, with some light tweaking they could make it a very enjoyable gametype.

Quote Originally Posted by -Crokar- View Post
    i do not like spartans vs elites its kinda unbalanced. from what ive played of it the elites have won every game of it. rolling>sprint, plasma grenade>frag
    Totally the opposite here, Spartans seem to win all the time. As the Elites, you have to get the core unlocked first, then take it all the way to the ship.....that there is where the elites always lose because the spartans keep spawning in the room near by getting rockets and spartan lasers.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

He's talking about SvE slayer, not Invasion.