Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How much is too much? (Build related)

Hey dudes,

With my main Armedes9000 (Lvl.89 HUcast).....I'm W.I.P. in on a Atp Ata build.

I use a Radam mag(99 Pow, 1 Ata); Carabiner Armor+20(Hero/Power, Hero/Power, Element Boost, Compress PA)

and plan on good amount of Pow mats...but how many Ata mats should I add into the mix.

Should I use 41 Pow+39 Ata mats; 51 Pow+29 Ata mats; or 61 Pow+19 Ata mats.

My ultimate goal here is to Spam Heavy atacks in the SH Dark Shrine while seldom(or never) missing and of course hitting hard.

Any thoughts or any variation to my question above would be appreciated.
    Last edited by ArmedesInf.X9000; May 22, 2010 at 03:44 PM.
    It's never too late to settle for anything less than what you want....And whenever the RL smoke clears...Get into the PSU Game

It's said 520/540 ATA is that magic number for hitting 99% of the time on SH.

So... Let's say you're using a Morgenlote double saber...

That gives + 210 ATA
    HUcast's max base ATA (at level 100) is 280

So thats 490 ATA!

Now all you need to do is come up with 30/50 ATA between your mag and material usage!

Though, I recommend using Hit materials instead of putting ATA on your mag, because if you just go all power on your mag the PB is better imo
    Respekt.

West, far West like middle of the freaking Pacific Ocean, kind of West.

I think it would be easier having the ATA on the mag because if you use ATA mats it would be permanent unless you reset and waste them. If you use the mags you could have a pure ATP mag and a ATP>ATA mag(Approx: 60 ATP > 40 ATA) and just change to ATP mag when you think you hit to soft or switch to ATP>ATA mag when you think you miss too much.
    Skorm - M Beast - Lvl 55 - H7/R1/F1/V1
    Hoku - F CAST - Lvl 19 - H1/R1/F1/V3

This is also true. Depends whether you do alot of solo play or not, I suppose. If you played online most of the time, another party member would likely have flozir.

but yeah, Pacifal is bleh .-.
    Respekt.

PSO Assassin

Fail advice is fail. Shifta boosts material stats, so you should NEVER use Hit Mats over Power/Mind before adding Hit to your Mag.

Echo - Lv. 71 FOnewm | Ech01 - Lv. 99 HUcast
    Ech01's Trade List!

If you're going to be spamming PAs you might also want to look into ATA boosts/penalties from your PAs. If it uses 80% of your ATA then you'll need more mats, whereas if you're going to be mostly using a PA that uses 110% of your ATA, you won't need as many.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

Quote Originally Posted by DrTrustme View Post
    I think it would be easier having the ATA on the mag because if you use ATA mats it would be permanent unless you reset and waste them. If you use the mags you could have a pure ATP mag and a ATP>ATA mag(Approx: 60 ATP > 40 ATA) and just change to ATP mag when you think you hit to soft or switch to ATP>ATA mag when you think you miss too much.
    Don't forget hit slot units.

Wow I read "Heavy Attacks" as "Photon Arts"
    I'm either blind or retarded.
    Then yeah listen to them lmao.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

Hey Dudes,

For some of the info that was brought up,
    I may be subject to change....my preferred weapons I think twould be Daggers and soon w/ Foie Haze...I kind of like the quick charge after combo that daggers bring w/my trusty 2nd weapon Black Phobos.

And as a little info I have already put in 15 hit mats, and am unwilling to get another mag for him(thought), TBH I'm kind of not too stoked about the idea of doing SH Eternal Tower, just for a Radam Soul...but will use the advice for my RAmar and FOnewm chars. (Variably speaking)

As far as soloing goes. yeah I haven't been able to do much online yet...but if i do-if i don't its always good. so in short I usually do soloing and and since yesterday done a few free plays. So my build is a primarily solo build. But something I can take for all.

TYM for the responses I think I know what to do for at least now til I start to grind my foie haze.

P.S. And as for another party member(flozir???) it'd be interesting to see a buffer up in the online world of
    PSZero(US)....I wont lie
    Last edited by ArmedesInf.X9000; May 22, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
    It's never too late to settle for anything less than what you want....And whenever the RL smoke clears...Get into the PSU Game

Just to be clear, my advice was for using a Morgenlote. Generally, people dont spam double saber PA's.

However, as Kirukia said, you should definetly take into account the ATA boosts that PA's give.

Flozir is a Photon Blast that grants the user temporary infinite PP - HOWEVER, when chained with 3 other people, your whole party gains the following effects:

Infinite PP
    Infinite HP
    Reduced charge time
    All hits are critical hits.

Ech01, he is a HUcast, so your shifta tip doesn't matter. Especially considering how he now said he rarely plays online. And I dont know why he would add mind to his mag >_> ...Maybe that was just a general statement...

No porblem TC! I'd also be happy in exchanging FC's later, when I get a new DS!
    Respekt.