Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Id level a force. regardless of if they are weakened or dumbed down a bit. from what ive seen of the screenshot thread i saw a beast force lay the smack down on a lightning based mob and was pretty impressed. the damage was excessive so im sure if the same process were applied to a boss youd have a similar result maybe?

It appears theres alto more to this game than simply the grind of killing/farming. i do have to admit that PS:P1 got somewhat repetitive after a while because it was so easy to play through.

Thank you for the comments everyone . I think I'll keep going on with my force... I like them too much to level something else up. Hopefully they balance them in the English version.

Forces aren't exactly pure crap.

They just suck horribly to start off with, and have a MUCH larger gap in uselessness than the other classes. They take a crap ton of work to make effective (Final Extending Psycho Wands and the Rod you get from Chaos Sorcerers to get their damage for techs maxed out), having to obtain lvl 21+ Resta/Shifta/Deband/Zalure/Maybe Jellen for Support, needing the correct Melee Weapon and Armor setups (EVA heavy armors = Never hit at higher levels) for up close and personal situations, and having pretty ineffective range choices.

They usually wont start feeling too decent until the late 100's really, when enemies are pretty much unable to hit them while they have Deband on. Which is a godsend for them, since they have low HP/DFP and can die in two or three hits from a strong enemy. You can't really play Force in this game the way you'd play Fortetecher in PSU, you have to mix it up and play melee as well. Double Sabers, any Twin Weapon, maybe Spears are a great asset. With a good Zalure, your low ATA is no problem, so you'll be able to rebuild PP as well as do pretty good damage depending on what weapon you're using.

With the Extended 15* Rods they can build chains on crowds using Gi Techs twice for a chain of two, and then finish with another type of Gi Tech (Triangle button) three times for the kills. Damgrants is also a very powerful, but costly Tech, hits a lot, very fast, with decent range. All you'll need to get your tech damage to a reasonable level is a chain of 2 or higher. You can build that with chains from Nosdiga/Damgrants/Gi Techs for crowds, or a Twin Melee weapon then switch to Rod quickly for the kill.

Range...Eh, Bow's suck, too slow. Card's are meh without the third shot, and Force can only get two. I'd personally, probably go with Rifles. Yeah, low base ATA and low base ATP = lol, but some of the higher end Rifles with 10/10 or final extend + 2nd charge shot can still be viable...I guess. >_>

They're pretty hurt as far as class abilities go as well, most of the ones that Forces should have available through Extra Units are only available through class points. Which makes it difficult to have all the boosts you'd want in a Force, while having extra's to just help you in other ways. The fact that there doesn't seem to be any "Quick" unit in this game is absolutely ridiculous. But that's just one punch a FO is gonna have to shrug off.

Really it's just a class you have to do the most work with, and you'll pretty much suffer the whole way through unless you're dedicated. A friend of mine said it was worth it for her, and she uses it just fine, doesn't seem too bad. But it can be extremely painful and stressful to get that 200/30 as opposed to the other classes somewhat smooth sailing.

Good luck if you try though!

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Quote Originally Posted by GJARE View Post
    your forced to dodge roll most of the time if your using a rod
    I don't know what version you are playing but in my copy of PSP, I can't dodge/roll. I was able to do that on the DS with that horrid PSZ but not on this version.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Hawk View Post
    I don't know what version you are playing but in my copy of PSP, I can't dodge/roll. I was able to do that on the DS with that horrid PSZ but not on this version.
    Are you talking about ps2? because my psp isn't working atm, but I'm pretty sure there is a dodge/roll now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakjosmaysa View Post

They just suck horribly to start off with, and have a MUCH larger gap in uselessness than the other classes. They take a crap ton of work to make effective (Final Extending Psycho Wands and the Rod you get from Chaos Sorcerers to get their damage for techs maxed out), having to obtain lvl 21+ Resta/Shifta/Deband/Zalure/Maybe Jellen for Support, needing the correct Melee Weapon and Armor setups (EVA heavy armors = Never hit at higher levels) for up close and personal situations, and having pretty ineffective range choices.

They usually wont start feeling too decent until the late 100's really, when enemies are pretty much unable to hit them while they have Deband on. Which is a godsend for them, since they have low HP/DFP and can die in two or three hits from a strong enemy. You can't really play Force in this game the way you'd play Fortetecher in PSU, you have to mix it up and play melee as well. Double Sabers, any Twin Weapon, maybe Spears are a great asset. With a good Zalure, your low ATA is no problem, so you'll be able to rebuild PP as well as do pretty good damage depending on what weapon you're using.

With the Extended 15* Rods they can build chains on crowds using Gi Techs twice for a chain of two, and then finish with another type of Gi Tech (Triangle button) three times for the kills. Damgrants is also a very powerful, but costly Tech, hits a lot, very fast, with decent range. All you'll need to get your tech damage to a reasonable level is a chain of 2 or higher. You can build that with chains from Nosdiga/Damgrants/Gi Techs for crowds, or a Twin Melee weapon then switch to Rod quickly for the kill.

Range...Eh, Bow's suck, too slow. Card's are meh without the third shot, and Force can only get two. I'd personally, probably go with Rifles. Yeah, low base ATA and low base ATP = lol, but some of the higher end Rifles with 10/10 or final extend + 2nd charge shot can still be viable...I guess. >_>

They're pretty hurt as far as class abilities go as well, most of the ones that Forces should have available through Extra Units are only available through class points. Which makes it difficult to have all the boosts you'd want in a Force, while having extra's to just help you in other ways. The fact that there doesn't seem to be any "Quick" unit in this game is absolutely ridiculous. But that's just one punch a FO is gonna have to shrug off.

Really it's just a class you have to do the most work with, and you'll pretty much suffer the whole way through unless you're dedicated. A friend of mine said it was worth it for her, and she uses it just fine, doesn't seem too bad. But it can be extremely painful and stressful to get that 200/30 as opposed to the other classes somewhat smooth sailing.

Pretty much this and even then you still don't reach the level of hunter/bravers damage output.

Are you talking about ps2? because my psp isn't working atm, but I'm pretty sure there is a dodge/roll now.

There is. It's the O button in jpn psp2.
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Lakjosmaysa View Post

Because of this, I believe Beast or Cast are probably best if you are going to use an array of different weapon types.

Because of this, I believe Beast or Cast are probably best if you are going to use an array of different weapon types.
    Humans are the best all arounders stats wise.

Race and gender are obviously important... so I have a new question. The HUnewearl in PSO was my favorite by far, simply because she was able to melee, use techs, and evade well... and even use guns with her ATA. She wasn't amazing at anything... but she was good at everything, and I like that.

So... I read up on Bravers, and I have to say, they sound perfect for me . However what race/gender would be more suitable for melee and techs. Im guessing Human Female... or maybe Beast Female.

Here's what I think each race/gender combo's two main weapon strengths are as a Braver:

Human Male: Melee and Guns (some Techs)
    Human Female: Melee and Techs (some Guns)
    Newman Male: Techs and Guns (less Melee)
    Newman Female: Techs and Guns (don't Melee)
    Cast Male: Guns and Melee (don't Tech)
    Cast Female Guns and Melee (less Tech)
    Beast Male: Melee (less Tech, don't Gun)
    Beast Female: Melee and Tech (less Gun)

Are these accurate? If so... that would leave me with Beast Female and Human Female (like I said before) for a character geared towards mostly Melee and Techs.

What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    Males have more HP, ATP, DFP, and EVP. Females have more PP, ATA, TP, and MST. However, the difference between each gender is very small, so it's not really worth considering unless you have something particular in mind.
    Also ATA now has a multiplier with guns so the more ATA you have the more damage you do with them although the damage difference isn't as big as ATP.