Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
(the reason why they care JP server more? racist ? no... it is obviously because the money from JP server will go directly to SoJ, while money from US server go to share SoA )
The icky thing is, you'd expect them to grab all low-effort profit hands-on.

What surprises me is that many seem to blame this on racism. Come on people, this isn't some spiteful kid we're talking about, it's a company.
Something definitely seems to be wrong inside of Sega, but remember this poll by ClumsyOrchid asking what new content users would like best (no promises)? That's a trade-off there. It's figuring out how profitable any of the choices would be for SoA in terms of customer satisfaction versus resources.
"Resources? But surely the non-story content costs zero effort to localize?" - Yup. That's why resources doesn't mean localization efforts/costs here; it sounds more like SoJ is charging them an internal price like a licensing fee for each bit of content so SoA could buy/reject based on whether they feel the increase in subscriber cash would be worth it.
Does this story really fit their corporate structure? I know it implies they function as separate business entities (i.e. with separate owners), but I'm having trouble making sense of the hits on Yahoo Finance (particularly Sega Sammy ADR/ORG), so I don't have evidence.

Currently I'm more worried about Monster Hunter Tri though, as it's turning out they're too cheap to get us much Arena content as well. At least I could play the series in Japanese instead, but it'd suck losing even more localizations to this bullshit. -_-