Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

Thread: US demo is out!

So is this like PSU in that you need Resta lvl 11 or higher to be able to heal others? The Weapon shop doesn't seem to sell discs past lvl 7, nor have I found any higher than that...

Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    All except changing your skin color/proportions and voice. So you better be satisfied with how they sound.
    Um, I think you can change those just fine when you first make your character. You just can't change them after the fact via the Style shop, presumably because you'd never make enough meseta to afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by miyumiyu View Post
    Um, I think you can change those just fine when you first make your character. You just can't change them after the fact via the Style shop, presumably because you'd never make enough meseta to afford it.
    That's what I meant after the initial creation.

I know because I have enough meseta to change voice and can't

Also, it wouldn't be darkened like the others. If it was a case of not having enough meseta, then it would simply tell you that you do not have enough meseta when you try to access it.

Ami is right. It's not a simple matter of affording the changes to body structure and voice. They're simply disabled in the demo.

Also, you can get disks higher than 7 in the demo, but I'm not sure if Resta is one of those disks. I've seen some, such as Splendor Crush, Gizonde, and Absolute Dance, drop at Lv9 during my many Reol Badia runs. You are correct, however, in assuming that the weapons shop in the demo only sells Lv7 disks and lower.
    Verdana is a pretty good font.

2X-6 Corsair :: Metal XII :: Unit 12 :: War :: Dozen
    Neyami Red :: Dr. Paul :: Izar Erori :: Brynhildr :: Fenchano

Question! Do the PA's in the demo level ??

Quote Originally Posted by psufreak View Post
    Question! Do the PA's in the demo level ??
    No. In Phantasy Star Portable 2, they've changed the way that PA leveling works. It now functions as it did back in Phantasy Star Online; in order to get a higher level PA, you need to find the appropriate disk with a higher level. For example, let's say you find Gizonde from an enemy. When you go to check it, it will already have a level. For the sake of this example, let's say it's 5. When you use it, you will gain Lv5 Gizonde, and to level it further, you'll need to find Gizonde Lv6 or higher.
    Verdana is a pretty good font.

2X-6 Corsair :: Metal XII :: Unit 12 :: War :: Dozen
    Neyami Red :: Dr. Paul :: Izar Erori :: Brynhildr :: Fenchano

ahh makes complete sense. I was shocked when they allowed me to use my illuminous coat

Skilled Fighter

Hey guys, are the servers region locked?

Tynselle Nbareh is already decked in her Western Gear (matching the drawn pictures of her, on this site). Thus that was the first worn outfit I wanted to transfer over. (It usually takes a while to get the ability to buy that outfit, in the full game).

Forces are an advanced class (SEGA always says that about them), and they still mean it. So yeah, you'll see more Force deaths because many folks will try them. This is no different than even PSO. Even though in Version 1 Dreamcast, they shafted the Forces until Version 2.

As far as region locked? I can't tell. It's only a demo, and the demo plays on its own server. That is, no way in heck (even if they will allow multi-region play, in the full) will they allow our demo play on the regular servers. For good reason.

There's only 1 universe server, right now. Which works out well. The current load of players is still pretty small, so it seems the server can take a whole lot more before any issues would arrive.

We should pool names together or something so that we can be aware of other PSO-world members who want to join.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Aug 20, 2010 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Tynselle Nbareh is already decked in her Western Gear (matching the drawn pictures of her, on this site). Thus that was the first worn outfit I wanted to transfer over. (It usually takes a while to get the ability to buy that outfit, in the full game).

Forces are an advanced class (SEGA always says that about them), and they still mean it. So yeah, you'll see more Force deaths because many folks will try them. This is no different than even PSO. Even though in Version 1 Dreamcast, they shafted the Forces until Version 2.

As far as region locked? I can't tell. It's only a demo, and the demo plays on its own server. That is, no way in heck (even if they will allow multi-region play, in the full) will they allow our demo play on the regular servers. For good reason.

There's only 1 universe server, right now. Which works out well. The current load of players is still pretty small, so it seems the server can take a whole lot more before any issues would arrive.

We should pool names together or something so that we can be aware of other PSO-world members who want to join.
    They made Forces better in Version 2 but nerfing the Hunters (Spread Needle got banned I think).

There is no region-lock, as long as you use a PSN Account that's American, you can connect to the American servers (based in Japan, that is). You can even play the Japanese version online from America. No UMD is region-lock apart from movies. As far as I know, in Phantasy Star Portable 2, you're only connected to the servers while you are searching for games of receiving the simple mail, while playing you are connected to the host (which is why playing on the Japanese servers with my friends was okay, but with Japanese people, it was horrible).
    Last edited by Izuna; Aug 20, 2010 at 08:36 AM.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Sounds good.