Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

well firstly, only the default male beast is black... not many of the NPC beasts are black... and that kind of invalidates the entire arguement as far as PS goes...

Token blacks are common in american media also... remember the guy in transformers whos only purpose was to state the absolute obvious?
    "If thats an alien, that aint friendly." (being attacked by an alien) for example.

i resent the use of the term African American... Not all black people are from Africa. And not all black people live in a cesspool.
    Last edited by garjian; Sep 4, 2010 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorian View Post
    too many words
    That's not my problem, in fact of which I don't have one. I just can't see any reasoning for the two to be related unless it's that of an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonGrundy View Post
    nah...I'm pretty sure it's the first thing
    nah...I'm pretty sure it's not.
    If you paid attention to some of my posts in the past you would note that I'm a big, big fan of metaphors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    And yeah, I do suck

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by xBULLYDOGG View Post
    That's not my problem, in fact of which I don't have one. I just can't see any reasoning for the two to be related unless it's that of an opinion.

nah...I'm pretty sure it's not.
    If you paid attention to some of my posts in the past you would note that I'm a big, big fan of metaphors.
    Apes can read nietche, they just don't understand it
    - credit "A fish called wanda"

Who cares about racism? What a joke it is.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

A back story about enslaving a dark skinned race with "savage" minds. :0

Why are all newmans asian?

Why do all CASTS act like germans :0

Why are all humans perfect white people with asian personalities?

Why do 90% of most anime/manga artist make not only black people but americans in general look as gross and boring as possible...but all of their own characters don't look asian in the slightest?

RACISM RULES THE WORLD AND JAPAN IS NO EXCEPTION!

/evil laugh

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    Why do all CASTS act like germans :0
    What exactly is the german acting?

Lulz, I always saw Moatoob as "Mexico" lmao.

Plus most of the beast in Moatoob arent even that dark. It's ignorant to say that just because someone is tan they are black wtf? lol.

Most beast have a nice brown tan, but I wouldnt call them "black". Not to mention there's even "white" beast (no pun intended) so that's why I always thought if it as "mexico"

Since in Mexico or other latin american countries here's "light" skinned people. Plus Laia Martinez is a beast and she has a light tan and has a spanish name.

Moatoob is also a desert planet and the steriotypical thing is that Mexico is all dirt roads and stuff like that.

Plus Beast have straight hair 90% of the black people (more like 100% really unless they do something to it) have "fro" style hair I dont know how to really explain this without sounding racist but you get the picture lol.

Last but not least Beast seem like hard working people, look at all of our immigrants here in the states they are mostly all hard working people even if they are washing dishes in a Denny's or something.

We all know black people arent all that hard working to begin with soooo...

Anyways, if anything "beast" in psu always seem like a hispanic population more than a black one.

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post
    We all know black people arent all that hard working to begin with soooo...
    A sad stereotype. But thankfully not all are within that ilk. I have to agree with disc_flac however about their habits being more akin to the Hispanic populace. When I think of Beasts and Moatoob, I think of the Western era. Where life was ruled with gangs and violence, and the strongest survive. That and of course quite a lot of Westerns featured White/Latinos, more than anyone else.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by bupjo View Post
    so much swirling in my head about this topic. i remember as a kid that when i saw kung-fu movies, those movies were my only visions of chinese people and asian people in general....and japanese always running from radioactive monsters. so i stereotyped them completely. i never had personally known any asian people and my only knowledge of them were movies i've watched. so the same could go for the images black people throw out there that shape other peoples vision of us to other races that have not personally known black people. so i think at times we do a disservice to ourselves by how we portray ourselves in movies, music, etc.

but racism does things to the psyche that unless you have been a target of racism, no one would understand why this topic even exist. when i first played KINGDOM HEARTS on PS2, and saw all the other FF7 characters, i wondered why Barrett wasn't a cameo in the game. first thing i thought...because he is black. then i wondered with all the dark-skinned beasts running around, the major beast characters are light-skinned....me thinking, i guess dark-skin isn't good enough? so racism sometime have you looking for it when it may not even be there. or maybe its there and cleverly hidden. Afro Samurai is the only major black anime character i was like in shock to see. cuz it just so rare to see a major black lead character in anime. but then there are the stereotypes. RAVEN from Tekken i don't think fits any stereotypes that i can think of. life is funny sometimes, i'm black and my RL wife is asian.
    BINGO!! This is why I don't get mad because they are just going off of how we're portrayed by "the media"(if you know what I mean lol). Some are raciest but most just don't know any better. look at how many people wounder why this is even posted or completely missed what is being talked about.

@ the OP

You forgot to mention the african based music for the beast world lol.

Most of the music of Moatoob sounds like of a western to me tbh