Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo Reach

pre ordered it online and my brother didnt chose shipping method so i got to wait like 3 days now. oh well not a big deal

I just picked up my Legendary Edition at lunch. It's friggin' huge. I opted to stash it away in my trunk rather than try and stick it under my desk at work.

I'm pretty excited, which has led to me being pretty distracted today. It doesn't help that I was just talking with two coworkers about how excited we all are for it. 6 o'clock can't come soon enough.

Went all night, we ended up beating the game on Legendary just short from 9 AM. Man where we so freaking tired. Game is freaking great. Just what I expected.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

I'm having a good time with Matchmaking

good quality warning:
    Spoiler!

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Just finished the campaign. Great game, although I'm not thrilled with some of the changes they made

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    Went all night, we ended up beating the game on Legendary just short from 9 AM. Man where we so freaking tired. Game is freaking great. Just what I expected.
    Me and some of my friends did this also. I was tired as hell. I have a question for you:
    How does Jun die? I don't remember it, at all.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by joefro View Post
    How does Jun die? I don't remember it, at all.
    Boom. Headshot.

Hers was the only death that really phased me in any regard, simply because there was no noticeable windup where you could see it coming and I didn't have her pegged for pulling a Carmine so early on.

Finished up campaign mode on normal a few hours ago, and I'm gonna wait for a few friends I've been running Halo with since the original to all get on at the same time before doing Legendary. Though it wasn't exactly what I was fully hoping the game would be, it does come close - and wherein it deviates to try new things, I was more often than not pleased at the changes. I'll make up my mind further when I get into the various multiplayer modes. Running on normal, I didn't really seem have much use for the armor lock, hologram, or other upgrades beyond sprint and jetpack- and I found myself missing the conventional Halo 3 power-ups which were useful no matter what difficulty you ran.

I really like how the mid-range rifles were implemented, as they feel like they're giving you far more sniping opportunities than previous games while still being fairly useful in more close quarters environments. Still, I miss the versatility and iconic feel of the Battle Rifle from H2 & H3.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Wait... Jun is a guy. I think you're talking about Kat.

I finally took an opportunity to look through the extra crap I got with the Legendary Edition. First, there's a ton of it. It took about an hour just to thumb through Halsey's diary. There are about 25 loose inserts, pictures, and diagrams as well. I think it would be of more value to a more serious Halo fan, but even the stuff I didn't understand looked interesting. However, the thing that really impressed me was the packaging. The case that the game comes in (the black one, not the hueg one for the Noble Team figure) is probably the nicest game LE I own.

How long does the campaign take? I'm worried about it being too short.
    You mean why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? WUH-HUH!

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Wait... Jun is a guy. I think you're talking about Kat
    Oh, right, Jun was the sniper wasn't he? So what the hell ever did happen to him then, because I don't remember him explicitly being removed from the rest of the plot either. At least not like the others were.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!