Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I love the cutest girl at Hinata-Sou FinalMasterM's Avatar
    On top of the roof, looking at the sky, with Shinobu.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyleo View Post
    Just got the game today and downloaded the extra content as well. Too bad I don't have any way to communicate in real-time though. If you do see me, give out a yell and I'll send you my card.
    Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria_Ru View Post
    Different races/sexes still have some exclusive weapons and armor.

If you aren't concerned about min/maxing, go for what you want. Nothing more stylish than a Newman Hunter imho, but lots of people would disagree..

Now that you are level 10 you can get Mirage Blasts, which are similar to SUV or the old Photon Blasts, and Newman can use them.

Pretty awesome as even with a Newman Hu you can dish out the hurt, just need a good armor to make up for your lack of def and hps.
    I had created a Human Hunter, already level 16 and I finally took the dragon down and the first story mission.

Question, however, the types the weapons have, like Fire%, does that mean it does more damage to those types, like in PSO with "Nature" and "Dark" %s or is there some rock/paper/scissors thing going on?

Oposite elements.

earth vs lightning
    Fire vs ice
    Dark vs light
    etc.. They always do increased damage to the opposite, and less damage to the same element
    Proud owner of the PSP2 free vent server

Check out the IRC group, for those who prefer to type.

Quote Originally Posted by NER0 View Post
    AI partners are really only good for meat shields and the occassional heals.
    At least they do a bit more damage than in PSU. Some have good weapons, by which I mean things that inflict status. GH430 eventually starts using Setsuko's Skillet Set, which is sweet when you start seeing things randomly stunned.
    Coming Soon!

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Just to let you know this game goes great while listenin to Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike Arranged music and Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game OST. Also it's gonna take you a while to get a good feel for combat. 'Specially perfect blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoton View Post
    Oposite elements.

earth vs lightning
    Fire vs ice
    Dark vs light
    etc.. They always do increased damage to the opposite, and less damage to the same element
    That's good to know, however, on the opposite I have gotten nothing but weapons with Earth element, especially a good pair of Twin Sabers which I've fallen in love with.

Early game, I got an absolute crapton of earth element weapons, so I know what you mean. I just beat the game, and three of my five weapons I tend to use are earth element. i'm hoping when I start to get up there in levels, I'll actually get some decent balance. XP

Early game, so long as you're not pounding earth element enemies with earth weapons, it's not something you really need to worry about for a while. I beat the endboss with my earth twin handguns. XD
    Characters:
    PsP2: Farrence (RAcaseal) lvl 79
    PsP2: Phalanx (VAbeaseal) lvl 25
    (Pics in Album if interested.)

Everybody wants to be a Cast, because a Cast's the only Cast, who knows where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by FarenKar View Post
    Early game, I got an absolute crapton of earth element weapons, so I know what you mean. I just beat the game, and three of my five weapons I tend to use are earth element. i'm hoping when I start to get up there in levels, I'll actually get some decent balance. XP

Early game, so long as you're not pounding earth element enemies with earth weapons, it's not something you really need to worry about for a while. I beat the endboss with my earth twin handguns. XD
    When you say "beat the game" I assume you mean story mode? How long did it take and what was your level?

I just hit 20, been grinding normal missions and about to start the next rank.

Yeah, I meant I beat story mode (in most cases, that means beat the game, sorry. ^.^;; )

I finished story mode at level 66, and I think I've got maybe 30 hours logged. I'm a bit of a slow player, and spent a good deal of time completeing C rank quests so they wouldn't be marked new any more.

As a Cast Ranger, I felt I needed to be a little higher level than normal to stand up to the final boss, so I ground just past the level range of the last mission, which was like monster level 44-60 or something like that.
    Last edited by FarenKar; Sep 30, 2010 at 07:56 AM.
    Characters:

Everybody wants to be a Cast, because a Cast's the only Cast, who knows where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by FarenKar View Post
    Yeah, I meant I beat story mode (in most cases, that means beat the game, sorry. ^.^;; )

I finished story mode at level 66, and I think I've got maybe 30 hours logged. I'm a bit of a slow player, and spent a good deal of time completeing C rank quests so they wouldn't be marked new any more.

As a Cast Ranger, I felt I needed to be a little higher level than normal to stand up to the final boss, so I ground just past the level range of the last mission, which was like monster level 44-60 or something like that.
    That's cool, and I don't think that's slow at all. I'm going to ensure I'm several levels higher than the last boss as well so I don't get my butt whipped to badly.

Oh, he'll still whup you the first time you go in, but that's what he's supposed to do, he's the last boss. No reason to get discouraged or anything, but I don't reccommend grinding to some ungodly high level before hand. It's much more enjoyable with a bit of a challenge. ^_^

On the note of slow, I consider my play style like that, but the friend I play with keeps telling me to stop rushing. I just played PSU (The first one) offline a lot and got used to doing missions as fast as humanly possible back when S rank was hard to get. ^.^;;
    Characters: