Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If Sega's going to give us Westerners the finger, they will get none of my money. If that means they only peddle to customers they're actually interested in serving, fuck'em.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Personally I prefer not getting content updates. Why? Because we got the content they had to wait months for, right out of the box. In some instances, it's even more convenient to obtain these items.

Let alone, even if we are missing anything, we can use their content without time constraints, or limitation. English > Japanese in this case.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

What gets me is SEGA has done DLC before. It wouldn't be all that hard to translate the files and post them on their website or put them up for free on the PSN. So strange.
    ...is a dirty old man and grown up SEGA kid.

Quote Originally Posted by TsubasaJ View Post
    What gets me is SEGA has done DLC before. It wouldn't be all that hard to translate the files and post them on their website or put them up for free on the PSN. So strange.
    I think that it was Ruby who was talking about it being the English branches of Sony, not SEGA that was responsible for regulations causing the International version for not getting content updates / DLC. I'm too lazy to dig up the exact quote within a topic in the last few days, but I'm fairly certain what I read was that.
    Last edited by xBladeM6x; Oct 7, 2010 at 04:25 PM.

Oiy. Figures that Sony would be behind this. *sigh* Sony can be so problematic. I'm still suprised they're allowing a version of Steam to work on the PS3. Happy, but it's a head scratcher.
    ...is a dirty old man and grown up SEGA kid.

Quote Originally Posted by xBladeM6x View Post
    I think that it was Ruby who was talking about it being the English branches of Sony, not SEGA that was responsible for regulations causing the International version for not getting content updates / DLC. I'm too lazy to dig up the exact quote within a topic in the last few days, but I'm fairly certain what I read was that.
    Plenty of other American PSP games get DLC, even super-niche NISA shit like Disgaea 2 that charges you for some crappy character sprites. Seriously why believe SoA on anything? It's SOJ that controls our updates! It's Sony that doesn't let us update! It's Microsoft that delays our updates! Excuse after excuse, what a worthless company.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    Plenty of other American PSP games get DLC, even super-niche NISA shit like Disgaea 2 that charges you for some crappy character sprites. Seriously why believe SoA on anything? It's SOJ that controls our updates! It's Sony that doesn't let us update! It's Microsoft that delays our updates! Excuse after excuse, what a worthless company.
    Difference is that it's true. Sony and Microsoft can be as stupid as a lobotomized infant. Their business practices and policies on things that go from JP -> any Primarily English speaking country can be extremely biased. I think you forget that Sony is a Japanese made company, and Microsoft is an American made company, and that they both cater more to their roots, and what's popular.

It's true why? Because a PR mouthpiece said so? Disgaea and PSP2 are both laughably unpopular in the West, are both originally a JP game, are both going through sony, and there's bias somehow? PSP2 even had the advantage of a 400k+ sales in JP to use as leverage.

I like how nobody paid attention to the post and the humor of it and instantly went for Sega's throat...
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

Maybe because SEGA IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER.

*continues to buy products*