Default guide that covers Units?

Literally a noobie to the PS universe(literally....again)!

I got tired of Final Fantasy XI, the direction SE is taking it is ridiculous(to me at least)and it has turned me off from the game. I decided that I'd find a new MMORPG to play(NO! WoW! NEVER!)and I picked up PSU. I played the offline part of the game about a year ago(never finished it)and just started playing the online game a couple days ago. I had no idea what to do, where to go, what to buy, etc.... So I looked into PSUPedia and honestly that really didn't help me out much(probably 'cause I have an IQ of Fly poop).

I found this website and looked around the forums and found Fanboys guide! YES! That helped out quite a bit! However I didn't see anywhere on his guide that covers Units. So if anyone could enlighten me that'd be great!

(BTW if you're wondering, I'm playing a level 28 Beast, level 2 FF. Having tons of fun! Nanoblasting is godly!)

So please help me members of PSO-World Forums! You're my only hope!

Add ma GT (FullMetal Bd)
    I can help with weps and lv seeing as i just remade one of my 180's
    Check out my channel:XbikXBd
    X360/JP
    Bd 180 Beast/ グリード Beast 180
    BD 180 Cast/Elie Neuman 108
    Elie 180 Neuman/ランファン Human
    Escalus 180 Human/Aigis Cast 111

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

ok, so units:

THere are three units to consider for a FF:

A power unit (Cati Power, Orpa Power Charge, etc)
    A hit unit (cati hit, cati hit charge)
    A PP save unti (giga skill save)

The power unit - more damage! BIG NUMBARZ!
    The hit unit - Smaller numbers but less zeros - zeros will be less of an issue as you get higher in level, but still will occur
    The PP save unit: SPAM your melee Skillls all day, resulting in faster leveling of your PAs, and so bigger damage. You pistol (Which few use), will suffer a bit,...but it is pretty manageble

Cati hit is cheap, as is Giga skill save: these are A rank units (meaning you need A rank armor to put them in an arm slot. To my mind, one of these gives the most bang for the buck

ok on units First U need a lineshield Now there slots depend on what u can use. Also ran depends too U can us A rank line + Harquick(A rank) and cati power(A rank) but not a S rank Extra o SUV
    Now theres
    Head(ie Minds for Gunners,Quicks and smarts for techers,and others for Acrofighter,)
    Arm are Hit(ewww add acc.) Powers(omfg yes for beasts best one is Cati power +120 atp) Saves(kinda good but ehh at later lv's) Knights(a combo of hit and power but bad if low rank Best is Kaos knight 11* +360atp -100acc atm)
    Body Well these are just resists mainly
    Extra Auras(Adds END and has kool effect) Staminas(good for dark missions) PP recovers(awesome for weps and tech weps) HP restores (good but i never need one seeing as i am a acrotecher most of the time so i already have lv 5 HP regen) SUV(cast nanoblast if u will lol)
    Last edited by XbikXBd; Oct 21, 2010 at 01:28 AM.
    Check out my channel:XbikXBd
    X360/JP
    Bd 180 Beast/ グリード Beast 180
    BD 180 Cast/Elie Neuman 108
    Elie 180 Neuman/ランファン Human
    Escalus 180 Human/Aigis Cast 111

Look into armour. At low levels your weapon doesn't matter, you're levelling up your photon arts to usable levels, but it'd be a good idea to look into some good armour as often as possible.

Check player shops for new things, it's often (though not always) cheaper than buying from the NPC.

Sori-Senba is a good A-rank, only comes in ice. Has all four slots.
    Serafi-Senba is a great S-rank that also has all four slots. Expensive though... has lowest DFP requirement of all S-rank armours.

As a Fortefighter, you get ATP and DFP faster than any other class, so you will probably be using decent gear quicker than others of your level. Don't be afraid to try weapons and classes you haven't used before, especially photon arts, as you might like them. Many weapon types only have A- and S-rank versions unavailable to the basic classes.

PSUpedia is great for information but you do need to know what to look for in some respect. Once you get more of a feel for the game, it'll be of more use to you. For now, though, welcome to the game!

Sweets! Thanks guys! You were very helpful. Unfortunately I gotta get ready to work.... -_- I won't be able to play the game until I get back. lols.

Oh! BTW. I'm currently trying to make money so I can level my PM to make armor(gonna be pure). Is that a good idea? Or since I'm such a low level(30 now)should I be doing something else?

For now, I'd just save up and buy a pre-made low to mid % armour. High % is best if you can get a cheap one. Learn the ins and outs of the conditional search in your room, typing the manufacturer you want can save you time looking. Line GRM searches for all GRM armour, for instance. Be aware that having a board and an armour bot are only the first steps, the materials to make armour... or indeed many things... are usually more expensive in total than the cheapest finished item on the market.

Making a bot can be expensive and is only advisable if you're going to be synthing things a lot, or if you play alone or in small parties a lot and need to fill a gap with a 2 foot tall robot loli. Cheapest fastest way to make an armour bot is to buy Vatavara (female) or Waiwad (male) boots by the truckload and feed them to your little omnivore. As this only increases armour, you'll have a pure bot in very little time, a few days at most. Even cheaper is a range bot, using traps. EX traps are the fastest but others are cheaper per experience point. Either way, you can do it whenever you wish, but it's a money sink you probably don't need right now. As for me, my first two characters had a striking bot and a tech-bot, the two most expensive to make, and of all four bot types (one for each char) the one I use the most by far is my main's striking bot.

If you're confident, you could try some of the less travelled bosses. Sleep/Resist drops on any rank of Forest Infiltration or Grove of Fanatics (Agata Islands: Egam and Shikon Tanze Route, respectively. Both on Neudaiz) and sells for 400,000 - 800,000 meseta in player shops. Did five runs the other day and got two resists, this was pretty lucky but not unheard of. You may wish to keep one for yourself if you do White Beast or Dancing Birds a lot.