Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm a bit of a die-hard SnS user in Freedom Unite. Heck, SnS was the only way I brought down Fatalis on my own, despite the fact that I often excell with longsword or bow.

Still, the MH community always seems, well, elitist. I have been called a noob before by people several ranks below me just because I like SnS. They can take my Golden falchion and suck it.
    Characters:
    PsP2: Farrence (RAcaseal) lvl 79
    PsP2: Phalanx (VAbeaseal) lvl 25
    (Pics in Album if interested.)

Everybody wants to be a Cast, because a Cast's the only Cast, who knows where it's at.

Unite has a lot more content, but Tri has a lot of nice little updates, such as the addition of the gunner pouch among other things. If you're a patient man, you could always wait for MHP3rd to come out, since it looks like it's gonna be about the best thing ever.

Also, I never got much flack for using S&S on Tri, I never minded people using them either, because it meant they weren't catapulting me across the room every three seconds.

Good attitute. I often hated the way people would rag on users of certain weapons. Yeah, there might be some techniques which seem like an exploit, but as long as they don't mess up other folks, I don't see the big issue.

Heck, I stuck it out with Dual Swords in Unite, just because I wanted to get the whole experience, trying to get through the game using almost nothing but that weapon class. It was a nice struggle, and due to the way you need to use them, a great learning experience. I actually learned more intimate aspects of certain monster attacks by going that route, than I would with some of the *ahem* easier weapons. Yet they often got dogged on by plenty of the elites.

I also would doubt people would give the SnS user much flak in Tri. I think the good thing about the update to SnS was that it helped give SnS users some flak protection. Anything to help change the mentality of some of the userbase. It also helps that MHTri brought in a lot of newer users. Users who have yet to become elitists. Thus an overall group of players that are more tolerant and understanding that everybody is still learning here.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Oct 25, 2010 at 12:23 PM.

What are the population sizes for these games like today? Is it easy to find people to play with for both?
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJG View Post
    What are the population sizes for these games like today? Is it easy to find people to play with for both?
    I honestly can't say, primarily because I play pretty exclusively offline, unless I bring up xlink kai, which is a bit of a pain.

On a side note, I recently started challenging myself to fight with the hunting horn. It's vexed me that I could never understand the damn thing, so I'm starting basically from the ground up, simply because it is the only weapon I feel I haven't managed to use effectively yet. Just recently took down Shen Gaoren with one. So very much not looking forward to old Fate with it, though. XP
    Characters:
    PsP2: Farrence (RAcaseal) lvl 79
    PsP2: Phalanx (VAbeaseal) lvl 25
    (Pics in Album if interested.)

Everybody wants to be a Cast, because a Cast's the only Cast, who knows where it's at.