Page 38 of 178 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940414888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Astra View Post
    Darn it, there is some stuff I really want to reply to, and a long idea I want to mention, but this smartphone is a pain to type long posts in. Basically, I was thinking of a subclass system. I will describe it when I get my comp back, or someone misunderstands it.
    Final Fantasy XI had a subclass system that worked really really well, but I'm not sure it will work as well across other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinketsu View Post
    Final Fantasy XI had a subclass system that worked really really well, but I'm not sure it will work as well across other games.
    Not what I was thinking. I was imagining each race/class combo having 2-4 subclasses. Each provides stat boosts, allowing the player to further refine their playstyle. Example for HUnewm :
    Wartecher: Highest MST and TP boost of HUnewm subclasses, and strongest techs of any hunter. Balance of magic and melee attacks.
    Fortefighter: Highest ATP/HP/DFP boost for HUnewm. Most melee oriented HUnewm.
    Acrofighter: Best EVP in game.

Yeah, stealing names from PSU here.

So out of curiosity, what would be the draw of playing a Fortefigher HUnewm as opposed to a Fortefighter HUcast?
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

There really wouldn't be, assuming you only melee. However, note that a HUnewm is still a HUnewm. Fortefighter HUnewms just allow them to specialize in melee, over EVP or MST. Make sense?

There really wouldn't be, assuming you only melee. However, note that a HUnewm is still a HUnewm. Fortefighter HUnewms just allow them to specialize in melee, over EVP or MST. Make sense?
    Not a whole helluva lot. We already know that raw melee ability can't vary too much between any given race choice for the hunter class if any semblance of balance is to be maintained--as I've suggested before, perhaps an A+ to A- range. Maybe a choice between Acrofighter and Wartecher for HUnewms--though that might be just as doable by balancing stats so that it's equally viable for HUnewms to invest in EVP or MST, which in turn suggests some mechanic to keep them from just dumping everything into ATP like most do in PSZ--but trying to divide HUnewms between "specializes in ATP" and "doesn't specialize in ATP" is dangerous hair-splitting.
    Last edited by Allison_W; Nov 1, 2010 at 07:04 PM.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    Not a whole helluva lot. We already know that raw melee ability can't vary too much between any given race choice for the hunter class if any semblance of balance is to be maintained--as I've suggested before, perhaps an A+ to A- range. Maybe a choice between Acrofighter and Wartecher for HUnewms--though that might be just as doable by balancing stats so that it's equally viable for HUnewms to invest in EVP or MST, which in turn suggests some mechanic to keep them from just dumping everything into ATP like most do in PSZ--but trying to divide HUnewms between "specializes in ATP" and "doesn't specialize in ATP" is dangerous hair-splitting.
    Yeah... true... You know what I think? Phantasy Star will never be balanced. It is impossible.

All round Good Guy

Well it looks that way, I guess thats the hardest task for the people at SEGA to do with PS games. Whenever they try to balance things out, there appears to be more cons than pros. Still, dosen't stop the players from playing. I wanna see leveling MAG's in this PSO, but I was thinking more the lines of MAG's actually leveling and customise stats and looks to your liking as it levels.

The PSO MAG and PSU PM more so did cost an arm and a leg to get your favored stats just right. I remember me old BB Main(See signature.) being in the Viridia mob and I made a couple of POW +200 Nidra's for friends, thanks to that MAG Feeder tool. Very helpful, though will that system return in PSO2 I wonder?

I'd love to have the old school PSO stuff but new ways of doing it, people are requesting a lot of PSP2 data to return. I am too, still somewhere out the someone has a keen idea for the ultimate PS game. But that someone ain't me.
    Active Characters: PSO2ob- Vinnie Vincent: Human LV10/1/1, PSP2- Rock Lee: LV104 Human, LV18 Hunter/Celoenus: LV15 Newman, LV5 Force.

Retired Characters: PSOBB- Count Dooku, HUMar. PSU:AotI- Zhao Yun, Human ForteFighter.

Yeah... true... You know what I think? Phantasy Star will never be balanced. It is impossible.
    With that kind of attitude, you may want to give up on PSO altogether. And it's impossible for any game, but striving for it usually works in a very favorable way.

Individual monster rare drops again. I hate spamming missions in PSU for the rares only to be in boss boxes/end boxes.

No more synthesis, that shit was annoying. I waste time to get the board and materials for it to only fail? Gay.

I'll admit I liked your PM to fight and follow you, but I love Mags.

Updated graphics (obviously) same levels with same music, because it gives you the old nostalgic feeling we've come to love for years.

CHALLENGE MODE.

GTFO MAI ENTERNET BITCH! akiraomega's Avatar
    Waiting for Sega of America to come out of their office so I can beat them down.

I just hope none of the drama comes back. I'm a player from GC all the way to BB then to PSU PC all of which were full of drama within the community. Don't know if anyone remembers jeM, enforcers, or Crescents but I dont want any of that bull to come back.