Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In need of Anger Management

I've had the pleasure of meeting most of the old PSO regs. I still know the few that go on. I mostly just say hi to you when i see you, then go into a locked game to be comsumed alone with my greed for rares. I just hate being in a game when all of a sudden, someone finds a rare that i could have had. But, i don't like playing alone. I'm trying to lose my greed. I'm currently not finding anything. But i did find alot of Material and and AGITO in the forest tonight. But The only reason PSO is losing interest to me is that rares are too dam rare.
    I still wish i could have met alot of PSOW players, like Ambrai, did she just stop playing? Did she stop moderating?
    i met Gideon once, never saw him again after that.
    and Rei, i never see him. Probably got sick of taking endless amounts of players pictures. Sigh.... Vers.2 will be a savior, new weapons, no dupers or cheaters hopefully.
    I realy shopuld clean up my card list....full of people i met on the first PSO day. I just have hope that i might see them again, because PSO vets have mostly all been good players.
    Well, i hope i get to play with you guys sometime.

most of the people i played with are all gone. they were tired of the pking and the theives so they just stopped playin. its sad, i have had the game since day one and there is only one person i know who has been on since i started. after having six different characters u think i would know a lot of people but every time something happens they give up. im hoping version 2 will bring some of them back.

let's face it people, the gameplay in PSO isn't exactly deep. I was bored out of my skull with the very limited 3button combo "action" - at the end of the first weekend. (yes, I did buy it the day it came out)

the length of the game also leaves a great deal to be desired. playing in the same 4 areas over and over and over again just doesnt cut it. (don't get me wrong, sonic team did an amazing job on this title, just stop for a moment and look at the texture work in the ruins... mind boggling!) some sort of random maze generator would have realy boosted this aspect.

what makes PSO attractive is meeting and playing with other people who are good sports. and the sad truth is that there are more jerks who PK and steal than there are people who want to trade and play a game that relies on co-operation.

I play a lot less that I used to. in the first week, I logged nearly 110 hours. (that's a lot of late nights... with work in the morning!) But now, I've yet to break 150 hours total - thats having the game more than a month! I hit the servers maybe once a week.

simply put, "the honeymoon is over". the newness and sense of exploration is totally gone. in the begining, I would simply stand in the lobby, amazed at the variation in character design. I was curious to bust open every crate and see what was inside, anxious to equip a better weapon, or see a new kind of blade or gun. But we've seen all the characters, all the monsters, all the weapons (duped and legit) and played all the quests.

the bright lining on all this is that version 2.0 will have a boatload of new stuff. the exhillaration of exploration will fill us again, and we'll all be happy as clams at the beach.

for a few weeks.

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: PSO_Krunk on 2001-04-03 04:09 ]</font>

Rappy Hunter

Like most of you I to ahve been playing these since day 1,but in my case I've been playing since before day 1. The reason why is cause I pre-order the Import and I got it 3 days after the JP debut. But still lots of my partners are gone. Is boring to play alone. In all these time I am with PSO I never join a clan but now I am looking for a good clan that can acccept a veteran like me.

Well...I'm still playing if anyone wants a game

It's the meeting and playing with a variety of people that's the beef of the game...take a risk and play and open game (if not on American servers then European ones where I have met very little cheating filth so far).

ive kinda lost interest in it ever since i hit 100 starting a new character doesnt help much and i didnt buy this game to search for rares.

hopefully ill get back into it again come version 2

Krunk Hit the nail right on the head.

What is there left to do in PSO? Build up one of my level 60 characters to 100 so I can have TWO 100 level characters? What for? It had become so bad that I was getting a stomach ache playing the same levels all the time.

The people I knew made it fun, but most of the people I know have better friends now and don't bother with me at all. I figure, if Shir isn't on, and my RL friend who just got the game isn't playing, I go back to playing Deus Ex or Daggerfall. PSO is a horrible single player game, and I await another reason to play it. That reason will probably be Ver. 2.

i just loged another 3 hours in on my new char, one of my old irc friends just got the game, and it made it alot of fun showing her around, i still play every day i got it a day after release, i also found a pso group that RP's i might look into that might be interesting,

I agree that PSO has its limitations, but is still an awsome game! I don't know why people are leaving though, they should just not play as much or something, but that's them not me. Anyway, yah PSO has a somewhat short game, but its the meeting new people, and finding new weapons that keeps most of us playing. Peace.

<font color=red>Im still around a good bit, but I havent been the past 2 days as my phone line has been acting up and I've had a friend with some very serious problems Ive been trying to calm down and help feel better, but im still around, i hope to be on tonight if anyone is interested anymore of course <center>