Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

And to think, with PSP's past reputation I didn't think it would completely crush and dominate 3DS in its next gen if it were even getting a next gen system.

Honestly I usually have a rough opinion on things, sometimes harsh. My thoughts of the PSP2(NGP) so far, I must say I'm impressed. I'm really liking the new look and the features. The whole touch screen feature is hardly ripping off the DS, since cell phones been having that. Nintendo doesn't deserve any credit for that. The graphics are really nice, I never had any doubts with what Sony could do. Plus effin' Uncharted, OMG I'm sold! Here's the Uncharted showing.

The only things that I'm worried about, is that it hopefully won't be another PS3 in terms of game library, as in being shooter dominated. There better be some genre variety. Hopefully those lousy NA developers make original titles instead of making the same thing. If its first party like Killzone, Wipeout, Uncharted then it's okay, I don't mind seeing a few sequels/prequels to current IPs. Thing other thing is price, that may be my "day 1" deciding factor. I got a bad feeling Sony is going to put a high price on this, at least $400.

Other than that, I'm really interested so far. I know Sony is going to keep their mouth shut about the price until 3DS releases in NA for at least a month. I guess they want to observe how Nintendo does. That's got to be why NGP took so long to be shown, Sony doesn't to go up against the 3DS so closely.

Last edited by Sexy_Raine; Jan 27, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

Wrong place to talk about it, but sure.

-Wayu

it's a very impressive upgrade for PSP. i mean touch screen, Quad-core proc, touch pad on the back, 2 analog sticks(can't get over that) and this system is like a postable PS3 now. the video for the PS meeting showed that they were running Uncharted Drakes Fortune on it and some of MGS4. it's going to have shooters. i honestly can't wait for it. i want it now

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    I can't wait to find out that its $500. That said, it looks cool.
    And then the analog nubs are still bad and hands still be clawin like PSP on your PSP of old from not much side room space from the controls or helpful hold em ergonomics.

Can it handle 16-players?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    Wrong place to talk about it, but sure.

-Wayu
    I was thinking this belonged in Off-Topic too, but I wasn't sure.

I am excited at the prospect of dual analogs, a new PSP game on it...

But as silly as it is I really want a good option to connect the thing to TVs in fullscreen with OFW. That would rock. I don't even need the PS3 controller support, just that would rock. I'm not always on the go much anymore where I can play games like I was in college, and so being able to come home and play PSP2 and 2i on a TV while being able to use online mode with no CFW hassle would be nice. Would remind me of the Blue Burst days if I could even get it to fullscreen properly on my laptop with my capture card.

That and pricepoint. Poor recent-college grad: paying loans, etc etc... the 3DS price sounded steep, this has to cost so much more for the tech. I know I want one though, especially if they fix the TV OFW problems. I mean you can put Playstation games fullscreen from the PSN through the PSP Composite/Component out at full screen, why not beef up the PSP as even an option to do so?
    "Here is the map. All the info is there, except for the info that isn't there." -Onett Librarian
    Let's Play something.
    PSO2 Alpha:
    Level 20 HUnewearl:Level 20 RAmarl:Level 20 FOnewearl:Level 18 HUcaseal

Quote Originally Posted by LionHeart- View Post
    Would you say that, they have a couple of months for the finish product and then its manufactoring time for the release? I would love to see how they create one and put it all together.
    I'm in China and stay at electronics manufacturing plants all the time. It's nothing spectacular. However, if you like the company of many young and fairly pretty Chinese girls, then you'd be going to the right place.
    www.xat.com/psp2 to chat about psp2 and to run with an english speaking psp2 community.

【JP PSPo2:i】 [FNewm Lvl83 FO11] [FDewm Lvl90 FO12] [FCast Lvl200 HU30 BR30] [FBeast Lvl198 HU30 BR 28]

Quote Originally Posted by Fayorei View Post
    But as silly as it is I really want a good option to connect the thing to TVs in fullscreen with OFW.
    I don't see this happening without a substantial Sony cable tax. Electronics companies always make huge margins on proprietary junk, and Sony isn't an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    I don't see this happening without a substantial Sony cable tax. Electronics companies always make huge margins on proprietary junk, and Sony isn't an exception.
    For just outputting PSP games?(much like a Gameboy player). They already can output games in letterbox format. They could make it so the PSP couldn't output say, Hulu or Netflix. That's fine.:P But I imagine Netflix and Hulu will be on the new PSP since Sony already had deals with Hulu and Netflix for the PS3 derp.
    "Here is the map. All the info is there, except for the info that isn't there." -Onett Librarian
    Let's Play something.
    PSO2 Alpha:
    Level 20 HUnewearl:Level 20 RAmarl:Level 20 FOnewearl:Level 18 HUcaseal