Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stats vs. Style

Default Stats vs. Style

For a brief background information of why I'm asking this question, I'm used to playing WoW, and Diablo 2 were stats meant everything. So my question is what do you go for, stats or style?
    For example:
    I'm a lvl 136 Cast Vanguard/Braver. Now, clearly TEC is not a stat I look for, and the only thing I used that involves TEC is Resta(lvl 10). Now my dilemma is that I have a Mr. Ecoeco Stick (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Mr._Ecoeco_Stick) and a Psycho Wand (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Psycho_Wand).

Now clearly the Psycho Wand is better statistically, but I've looked at all the Rods, and to me none look better than the Mr. Ecoeco. So which should I extend? Again should I go for style, or are the stats just too good to pass up?

-Inferno
    PSPo2 US
    Kelmor: [MCast Lvl140 HU10 BR 26 RA 8]

I say style. You can try testing the Mr. Ecoeco and see how well it heals when extended before using that Extend Code though.
    PZ0 Friend Code : 3008-8179-4031

Quote Originally Posted by Infernonyc View Post
    For a brief background information of why I'm asking this question, I'm used to playing WoW, and Diablo 2 were stats meant everything. So my question is what do you go for, stats or style?
    For example:
    I'm a lvl 136 Cast Vanguard/Braver. Now, clearly TEC is not a stat I look for, and the only thing I used that involves TEC is Resta(lvl 10). Now my dilemma is that I have a Mr. Ecoeco Stick (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Mr._Ecoeco_Stick) and a Psycho Wand (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Psycho_Wand).

Now clearly the Psycho Wand is better statistically, but I've looked at all the Rods, and to me none look better than the Mr. Ecoeco. So which should I extend? Again should I go for style, or are the stats just too good to pass up?

-Inferno
    what are the %s i know you might want to go for style but if the pwand isnt light or dark id extend that for the elemental boost. that is if you ever decide to use tecks i have a 24% pwand with empowered earth and its fucking strong. way better then eco can ever be

If you're just going to use it to heal, then there's no reason to extend the P-Wand. Just use it as-is.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Just extend the Psycho Wand. It's still going to be the most powerful rod either way, and you can get a more useful (overall) Empower *tech* ability with the Extension, and STILL be able to heal just as much, if not more, than an Empower Healing extended Ecoeco Stick.

Just saying. I have a Psycho and an Ecoeco, and I tested them both. The Psycho Wand was THAT much better that it wasn't even funny (especially with Psycho Wand's 110% tech damage/healing).
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Psycho Wand. I wish I had one.

-Wayu

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Sorry, but you used up your luck in getting that Tumikiri-Hyori's. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

go for style, IMHO. God Mod isn't fun and if we had to go for stats, all spellcasters would have to be female newmans in this game and all fighters male beasts. no fun.

both staff got 70% PP mod though.

so if you dont use those for damaging, and have a handful amount of extend code, i say pick ecoeco stick for style xD

otherwise, pick Pwand, since like Chaosmaster00 said, the difference stat between those 2 after extended is enormous.

I'm style all the way. I'll use nothing but low class kubara custom ice weapons even against fire enemies hahaha. (at max grind at least aha)