Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead Island

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    I guess I'm the only one not interested. Personally I'm kind of tired of all this zombie fad.
    You're not the only one. I'm not really put off by the fact that it's yet another zombie game, but they don't really pique my interest either. You gotta admit, zombiepocalypse situations make for some great gameplay scenarios when done properly. That's why I want to see gameplay footage, not pre-rendered snuff scenes.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Interesting video, but yeah tis just pre-rendered, which annoys me. Most consoles rely on them for trailers, PC games tend to use in game scenes. Anyways asides from that, what type of game will it be? They need a GTA scale free roaming zombie game with RPG elements I think. Button bashing games like Dead Rising are temporary entertainers. Left4Dead and Killing Floor are awesome but are solely FPS orientated. I think something with a bit of depth like an RPG but with a large free roaming map would be awesome. I don't get on with survival horror games, I've played my fair share but I've not found any horror game to be scary os disconcerting for well over 5 or 6 years. That includes Dead Space 1&2. I know Dead Rising tried adding more length and depth with levelling up etc but I just found it a very boring game after several hours. I love zombie films etc, but after decades of it...it's just getting really really tedious. And don't get me started on Romero's re-make after re-make...he just needs to stop.

Tifa

Hmm just checked the website where i work and it states:

First-person melee combat
    4-player co-op
    Weapon customization
    Set on an gorgeous open world tropical island
    RPG elements for character development
    Hordes of gruesome zombies

Could work...or...with hoardes of zombies it could be another Dead Rising that gets stale after a few hours of mindless button bashing, especially with the focus apparently being on melee combat I see it being a short lived game for me.

Tifa

trailer was cool, but the fact that it focuses on melee combat and is in first person really has me worried, if you're going melee combat it should be either interchangeable or just 3rd person, melee in first person is hellish

The reason I liked the trailer so much is because I've been looking for games that have prominent cinematic elements in them. I'm tired of just a movie game like Heavy Rain or just zombies like L4D. I want the full package, and I want it to be nothing like Dead Rising cuz I got really bored with that game.
    You mean why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? WUH-HUH!

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.