• Sony "Next Gen Portable"

13 25.49%
  • Both

8 15.69%
  • Neither

8 15.69%
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default 3DS or Next Gen Portable?

If you were to have enough money to obtain either of these hand-helds, which would it be?

Spoiler!

or

Spoiler!

I'm currently undecided at the moment. I personally like Nintendo and Sony equally.
    Last edited by Neo Flint; Feb 28, 2011 at 08:32 PM.

Nintendo is likely to have a better game lineup overall, given the past few years. Hence, I choose 3DS. (Besides, there's plenty of announced titles for it I want. Paper Mario, Etrian Odyssey, MGS3...)
    Coming Soon!

3DS. Samurai warriors chronicles, final fantasy, DOA dimensions, and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked.

I'll probably pass on both. The game line up for the DS didn't cut it for me, so I'm not really expecting anything from Nintendo. And from what I've seen of shots from the PSP2 it doesn't look portable. They're going with the candy bar style and an actual analog stick, which doesn't seem like something you can stuff in your pocket on the way out. I'm going to wait a year or two, see if they come out with new form factors (3DS lite? Psp2 slim?) and see which one has better games. Or blow it entirely and stick to console/pc gaming.

I probably won't get either of them at launch but once the price drops down, and when I see a good lineup of games, I'll probably get the 3DS.

I'll most likely end up with both, since I'm pretty sure there will be something that will grab my interest on each.

But for now, I'm just watching.

You should update your poll with "both" and "Neither" option.

And don't forget the 5th option: "the caaaaaaaaaaake"
    To be or not to be.

I'll probably end up getting both. Update yer poll!

I've never had a DS, but there's a few games I've always wanted to play. The lineup was okay for the DS, but the 3DS lineup sounds promising. I'm a sucker for the Zelda series.

NGP just sounds too good to be true though, I'd need to do more research before I buy it, but if everything Sony says is true pff ikr then it sounds like a good buy as well. The PSP lineup definitely treated me well, and still is a great handheld device.
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

I will only be getting the 3DS.

The NGP sounds nice, but if all it has to offer is nice graphics that won't eb enough for me. The psp has such little games I play and I just can see not caring so much for their NGP after a while.
    Besides, I guess one of their selling points for the NGP (if I understood it correct) was that you can continue playing your PS3 games on the go. But I just don't see that working as great as they imagine it will. I often play my handhelds at home, because often the time just doesn't cut it when I am out (train, bus etc.). And if I am already at home I might aswell just continue playing my PS3 game on my giant tv on my PS3 then switching the PS3 game over to the NGP.
    Not to forget, the NGP will probably cost around $350, so no.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

I'm waiting to see which one gets Monster Hunter first. Then I'll know which one is gonna get all the good Japanese online games.

I plan on getting both although I don't know where I'm going to get the money for the NGP. I don't even know if I will still have a job by the end of the year.