Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just mute the game and slap on a Final Fantasy OST. Much love, to the point that I've replaced every single stagesong in PSP2 with one from an FF game.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

A good choice, too.

-Wayu

you have that option also on Macross, Kamen Rider and need for speed, but I think that maybe we have problems playing online with that option, too much laggy.

I can use CFW so, I use that to play some stages that have annoying background music on Moatoob.

Playing music like that shouldn't take that much CPU power. It wouldn't cause lag, which is a network issue, which is a latency issue.

I swear, I grow tired of seeing lag and slowdown being mixed together in the same bag.

It's mainly because nobody else put together a system, from the ground up, that supports custom music from the get go. If you leave it to the developer to support it, then you have a mixed bag that is rarely utilized. When it comes to that stuff, everybody except for the 360 is handling custom sountracks more like the Xbox 1 did. And, as you can see, that only provided the same limited amount of custom music support.

So yeah, not only a rewrite of that portion of the OS would be needed for system-wide support, but it must be a part of the rules for the developers to not circumvent it. Without that, then the developers will rarely feel the incentive or take the time to implement it themselves. It's kind of like infrastructure on PSP. Though the lack of necessary internet play, for a lot of games, in Japan is also a bit of a consideration.

If the developers didn't have to write code to deal with custom music, there would be no issue.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Mar 7, 2011 at 02:07 PM.