Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Lots of people drinking that hatorade.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    You do know there are going to be two games, right? This one, Street Fighter x Tekken, is going to be a 2D fighter developed solely by Capcom. The second game is going to be Tekken x Street Fighter, a 3D fighter developed solely by Namco.

Plus, this match-up isn't that crazy - Namco and Capcom had a mash-up game in Japan. It was a strategy-RPG (sort of?) called Namco x Capcom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namco_X_Capcom
    Oh. I had no problem with that Mashup. But it made total sense. A strategy RPG was a great way to take all of their franchise characters and put them together, in a completely neutral gamestyle that could work regardless of who you put in there. I even saw it in action back when it released.

Just saying that this combination of actual fighting game mechanics definitely leaves a lot of room for disappointment. I wasn't questioning the actual choice of characters, themselves.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Apr 13, 2011 at 03:09 PM.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

It seems like an interesting novelty, but I'm not sure how it will work as a game. I'd be more interested in Tekken X Street Fighter anyway. The SF fighting system has never done anything for me.

Looks okay. Now what's gonna be interesting is incorporating SF characters with Tekkens gameplay.

Its a weird combination I'll admit, but so was Xmen vs streetfighter the very first time I heard that announced. I'm interested to see where this goes.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

And yet, I already explained why the Xmen vs. Streetfighter formula worked. Because Capcom designed all of the fighting animations, the fight systems, and everything for Xmen to Capcom's system before that game released. Since there was no blatantly different Xmen combat system, there was no disparate fight systems for which the divisions came from. Capcom made it up all by themselves. The combat was perfectly compatible because they took a Capcom 2D fighting engine and merged it with.....a similar Capcom 2D fighting engine. Marvel Superheroes (with their street Fighter controls, similar uppercuts, etc) met Street Fighter characters to make that one.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Apr 19, 2011 at 11:41 AM.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CAMPSO View Post
    Looks okay. Now what's gonna be interesting is incorporating SF characters with Tekkens gameplay.
    Every character gets to juggle. Endlessly. Hadouken spam will be juggle. Shoryuken's will be even more juggle.

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    And yet, I already explained why the Xmen vs. Streetfighter formula worked. Because Capcom designed all of the fighting animations, the fight systems, and everything for Xmen to Capcom's system before that game released. Since there was no blatantly different Xmen combat system, there was no disparate fight systems for which the divisions came from. Capcom made it up all by themselves. The combat was perfectly compatible because they took a Capcom 2D fighting engine and merged it with.....a similar Capcom 2D fighting engine. Marvel Superheroes (with their street Fighter controls, similar uppercuts, etc) met Street Fighter characters to make that one.
    And yet, someone already explained that Capcom is holding the reigns on this. They are taking a Capcom 2D fighting engine and merging it with...more characters.

True. I guess in this case it's to be expected that the Tekken characters will be reinvented with no connection to how they play in Tekken. I guess this could work out, just be a lot of surprises ready.