Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vagabondkitten View Post
    I know the whole "no male newmans" thing is a joke, but I've never got where it came from. -Has a male newman main-

Consider me another newman advocate either way
    Excellent. The Newman Pointy Ear Defense Line continues to grow steadily.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    So you swayed her gentle heart by pouring massive amounts of material goods on her? How cunning...! I see how you newmen operate now, yes...
    *sniff* b...but all I wanted was to make sure Deis didn't feel left out!

Look at the ...
    Hmm, you didn't diss the ears this time at least. Still, I wish the beast male actually was using real muscle mass, because once he changes clothes, there goes all the enhanced biceps! Also, I'd like to point out that all the refined metal in the world won't help against a Sazonde spamming maniac...

The Newman Pointy Ear Defense Line disclaims all association with the PSPo2i default newman, for he has been classified as an Infinity Rank TRAP. For reference to a more typical newman male, the committee has nominated the previous default male candidate.

Good point. Though, with Foverse flinching the enemy and you casting a Gi-tech for even more flinching...Guarding still isn't a must, since these 2 scenarios are most likely to happen:

1- Everything will roll over and die.
    2- You'll run to the hills.
    Just a note in favour of guarding with a rod versus using up all the tech slots. While the utility of using resta instantly, and having slightly more tech variety at hand is invaluable, when surrounded by enemies in close quarters, that guard ability may be the only thing that will save your character from hitting the deck if you're good at Just Guarding.

There's also one case in which I say guarding is a must - when facing enemies like Angelus, Anastasis, Shizuru, etc. If you get stuck on a multipurpose rod when they start their most powerful attacks, you'd better pray that you remembered to bring along a scape doll or you've got a rod that can guard.
    Last edited by Crystal_Shard; Apr 14, 2011 at 10:46 PM.

Look at the default male newman, then look at default female newman, now back to the male newman, now back to the female one. Sadly, the male doesn't look more manly than the female. But, if he adjusted his wardrobe and paid slightly more attention to his physique, he could seem like he's manly. Look down, back up, where are you? On the character creation screen, entertaining the thought of making a male beast much more fitting of the title of "man". What's that thought on your mind? That male beast has it. It's manly arms with strong biceps on them. Look again, that muscular beast is now a refined male Cast. Anything is possible when your male character looks like a man and not a lady.
    I suppose the fact that mine has eye makeup isn't helping the cause. Nor that he's rather skinny. What can I say though? I prefer the pretty boy look myself
    PSP2:
    Irving Lv.167 M-Newman H:16 R:8 F:15 V:30
    Eilie Lv.51 F-Beast H:4 R:1 F:1 V:5

@BLB: I like to get risky and deal as much damage as possible. There's also times where you WON'T be able to dodge or move out of the way; thus the Just Guard.

-Wayu

LOL, I was expecting something about "Go buy infinity" it this thread. This is entertaining and useful.

Male Newman Love

Quote Originally Posted by vagabondkitten View Post
    I suppose the fact that mine has eye makeup isn't helping the cause. Nor that he's rather skinny. What can I say though? I prefer the pretty boy look myself
    Definitely. 8D Pretty boys FTW!

Anyway, I haven't used Longbows in a while, and definitely not since I imported my Force to Infinity. I'm glad to see they're usable now!

Also, have you suggested using R-Mags? They're pretty good for restoring PP and getting chains up.

By Lou's beret, I leave for a moment and already chaos is amongst the newmans and Casts. Well, first thing first...

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    The Newman Pointy Ear Defense Line disclaims all association with the PSPo2i default newman, for he has been classified as an Infinity Rank TRAP. For reference to a more typical newman male, the committee has nominated the previous default male candidate.
    So you admit that there is in fact no newman males in infinity. A rather simple way for your organization to contradict its own purpose. As for the previous, 'he' was just a tomboy-ish female newman who decided to wear a samurai getup one day and was spotted by the PSP2 development team, mistaking her for a newman male. At first she was about to correct their mistake, but upon loving the fame, went along with it. However, one day while under the influence of opium monofluids, she went face to face with a De-Ragan that was at the time being ridden backwards by a Cast.

She didn't have a Scape Doll that day, and to this day that Cast has her ears as a trophy. And that's the story of the 'male' newman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    @BLB: I like to get risky and deal as much damage as possible.
    Doesn't that contradict with BLB's idea of stacking techs via element to gain more power?

And this whole idea that FOcasts and FOcaseals are the 'worst' seems a bit misleading. The only difference in damage is but a few digits, which may need another casting or two to kill stuff, but that's it. A Force by any other race is still a Force.

Of course, unlike the other races, Casts can work all classes real nice
    Last edited by RenzokukenZ; Apr 15, 2011 at 05:49 AM.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Sure, they can work all classes but others work it better.

I probably should rephrase that. I like to deal as much damage in close quarters using the more powerful techs - the Gi techs. Blast as many Gi techniques as possible and get out at the last second.

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Merm View Post
    Definitely. 8D Pretty boys FTW!

Anyway, I haven't used Longbows in a while, and definitely not since I imported my Force to Infinity. I'm glad to see they're usable now!

Also, have you suggested using R-Mags? They're pretty good for restoring PP and getting chains up.
    I wouldn't recommend R-mags anymore.. Some like Elsral, with stun or some other good status could be nice as a novelty..

I used to use a Shag Hejiz R-mag, paired with a wand in PSP1, but R-mags were nerfed hard from PSP1 to 2, slower firing rate, therefore lower damage, you can no longer dance around a group casting while you R-mag does a lot of damage. For that reason I's say more economical to just go with a shield, haha. I concede however that one with a higher rate like Opa-Opa may be useful for chaining, but I haven't managed to obtain one so I can't say...

Of course, the immortal rule If you find them fun, use them, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    **** that Clad 6 with your Monomate??? How will that work lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirukia View Post
    Its the future, they've now unlocked the secrets to boob teleportation.

Opa-Opa fires faster? I have one that dropped from a Savage Wolf in Fiery Onslaught but haven't used R-mags at all so dunno.

-Wayu

It had a (rather fast) rapid-fire function in PSP1. Don't know if the speed is still the same in PSP2/i.

As for using them as chain-builders/PP regen, it doesn't seem worth it. Twin Handguns can take care of chain building, and Double Sabers can effectively do both. Of course, in PSP2i, as tech cost was reduced, these aren't as necessary as they were, since tech spamming is now possible without too much worry of running out of PP.

Tl:dr - Sazonde
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."