Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patching issues

After trying to patch it repeatedly i was able to finally get onto the server but i still get the error while im in game. I've disabled both my anti viruses and my firewall but that didnt change anything. i've closed as many processes as i can but im still not sure what is conflicting with gameguard.

Have you tried reinstalling GameGuard itself? ._.

I'm running out of alternatives, lol.

:P yeah i reinstalled many times but to no avail. If this continues im just gonna give up. Thanks for trying though, i appreciate it.

What antivirus application are you running?
    (Just asking for the last resort options)
    When was the last time you've scanned your pc for root kits (tdsskiller is good) and/or spyware (malwarebytes and superantispyware are good too)

another thing: did you add gameguard.desu, gamemon.desu, possibly even psuilluminus.exe to you dep (data execution protection list)
    Last edited by re; May 28, 2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: ninja edit

Im using spybot search and destroy and avg. I haven't added those things to the DEP list. I don't know how to do that.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/65...-programs.html
    go to the psu install folder and look for *.des
    inside the psu folder and inside the gameguard folder.

I have the bottom radio option selected on mine.

(I use avg free myself, not going to pay for antivirus, haven't used spybot in ages)

Thanks. I put gamemon,both gameguard.desu,and psuilluminus on the list but, still getting the error.

EDIT: seems i spoke too soon; when i restarted and checked the dep list again, the .des weren't there. I added them, restarted and checked again and they are there now. Playing for about 15 minutes now and havent seen the error. This might be it.

EDIT: Damn, and I thought I was home free... just got the error again.
    Last edited by fronebullare; May 29, 2011 at 08:54 AM.

Have you restarted your computer since patching? I only ask because personally my computer is on 24/7.
    Back in the day, which was a tuesday, we used to be able to say 'arse!'

ID: 30133981

Yeah I've restarted quite a few times actually, haha. My computer is usually on too.

Quote Originally Posted by fronebullare View Post
    Yeah I've restarted quite a few times actually, haha. My computer is usually on too.
    Have you shutdown antivirus or spybot temporarily for see if this error persists?

I found this text in a website, not sure if its same error.. (its for MapleStory game, then replace it with PSU when reading)

Error: GameGuard failed to initialize GameMon.
    "This shows that something on your PC is preventing GameGuard from running. Disable Windows Firewall and all 3rd party firewalls. Temporarily disable your anti-virus and anti-spy (or uninstall them if all else fails). Click Start then Run. Type "services.msc" without the quotes. Make sure the following services are disabled from startup and the service is stopped. (to do this, right click on the item).
    - Automatic Updates
    - Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    - Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing
    - Security Center
    If you've done that then Windows Firewall has been completely disabled. (You can turn it on again anytime you want). If Maple still doesn't work, try this. With Maple installed, download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Find MapleStory and click remove. Now uninstall Maple. This will now be a fresh, new install. Download the client again and install normally. If it still doesn't work, try this. Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to open the task manager and click Processes. Kill of any programs that you know is safe to close. ProcessScan will scan your processes and tell you what is safe and what is not. You should not kill any of the following processes:
    - explorer.exe
    - svchost.exe (there are multiple, don't end any of them)
    - lsass.exe
    - services.exe
    - winlogon.exe
    - csrss.exe
    - smss.exe
    - System
    - System Idle Process

Or, if your on vista, there could be an issue because of DEP. DEP is Data Execution Prevention. Go to the control panel, in the url bar, put Control Panel\System and Maintenance\System and press enter. Click System Protection. Inside of that click the Data Execution Prevention tab. Tick turn on DEP for all programs except those that I accept. Click add, add all files in your maplestory folder. If this doesn't work, go back and change the DEP settings back to normal, and try one of the other fixes."

Sorry my bad english!