Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, I had been playing online and just got to level 88. The night before, I was invited to play soccer in lobby 14, and I enjoyed it. Then, today, I went back to lobby 14 but no one was there. So, I went to the lobby transporter, selected "Lobby 1" (which I think was my worst mistake) and then the screen froze and started making this hideous, loud buzzing noise. I tried software reset, but it didn't work, so I waited. Finally, after about 2 or 3 minutes, I shut off the GC, then turned it back on.

When I selected my character, on the bottom it said something along the lines of "Character does not accept standard shut off method. Item selection is omitted." I've seen a message something like this before, but I never really had a problem. I went to go play a game, I looked at my items, and every one was still there! So I go to F1 offline and I notice my quick selection (B) for monomate was ghosted out, like I had none. I did the quick item selection (R+X) and noticed that the only thing showing was my Frozen Shooter... So I went back to the item menu, but it showed that I still had all of my items. Well I just have to eternally select items by pressing Z? Aieee, any help is greatly appreciated! I hope I didn't lose my items... I had so many!

-Lendri

Hmm what did you have on your guy that was unequipped.

Odd problem, try banking all of your items, quitting, then taking them back out?

"Item selection is omitted."

I think the FSOD caused your error.

Damn. Sonic Team sure isn't smart in handling these things...

Well, upon my further inspection all of my unequipped items (4 rares, etc.) have all been lost. Ah well, I appreciate you guys for looking.

-Lendri

Student...electrical engineering

On 2003-06-21 20:28, Lendri wrote:
    So, I had been playing online and just got to level 88. The night before, I was invited to play soccer in lobby 14, and I enjoyed it. Then, today, I went back to lobby 14 but no one was there. So, I went to the lobby transporter, selected "Lobby 1" (which I think was my worst mistake) and then the screen froze and started making this hideous, loud buzzing noise. I tried software reset, but it didn't work, so I waited. Finally, after about 2 or 3 minutes, I shut off the GC, then turned it back on.

When I selected my character, on the bottom it said something along the lines of "Character does not accept standard shut off method. Item selection is omitted." I've seen a message something like this before, but I never really had a problem. I went to go play a game, I looked at my items, and every one was still there! So I go to F1 offline and I notice my quick selection (B) for monomate was ghosted out, like I had none. I did the quick item selection (R+X) and noticed that the only thing showing was my Frozen Shooter... So I went back to the item menu, but it showed that I still had all of my items. Well I just have to eternally select items by pressing Z? Aieee, any help is greatly appreciated! I hope I didn't lose my items... I had so many!

-Lendri
    Does it not say something more to the effect of.
    "Character save not properly closed. Item data, etc is deleted."

At least that is what I remember it saying. I got FSODed quite a bit one week. It had to do with me haning out in Ancyone 06 during the busy times when 200+ users were online...heh.

Owner of the almighty n00b bat

I've been RSOD'd (R = Ringing) several times now on my RAmar. Twice, though, it said it would delete my items, however it didn't. And I could still use them. That's weird how they still appeared via the Z menu, but not in the quick item thingy or the shortcut...

Online Mode is really glitchy...

Owner of the almighty n00b bat

But I heard it was worse when PSO first came out... at least they've cleaned things up a bit

if you look don a but you will see my post, the EXACT same thing happened to me yesterday, from now on i only bring what is absolutely necassery