Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Completion rates vary from person to person.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashiid View Post
    Only similarities with characters are Laharl, Etna, and Flonne who appear in each one. As said before, none of the stories are alike.

Finishing the stories won't be too long, but don't even think about fully completing each one before moving onto the next, if it's even possible to finish any Disgaea.
    Yes. I have read that Disgaea is crazy in terms of replay value. I have seen some characters in levels 500 something, even 9999. Crazy mate, crazy! x x

Highest I've gotten to was around 200, then I couldn't be arsed to go any further, lol. I really hope they take the mana system from 2, or have a new one. I hated 3's.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Eagerly awaiting Eva 3.0 MESeele's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sovalou View Post
    personally i think the 2nd disgaea game is by far the best i've played since. The 3rd was ok, but i enjoyed the plot of the second game the most
    Really!? The plot of the second one??

First one is usually considered the best in terms of plot by general consensus, but I agree with the second being the best so far. The psp version of the second one has absurd gameplay value. The first one (at least on the ps2) has no grind friendly levels, making end- END game hard to get to (CoO doesn't really do it, since their max level is still so low).

As for the second game's plot. Just didn't carry the humour of the first one. That and I figured out the entirety of the plot from the first couple cutscenes, and basically inferred everything interesting that could possibly happen. When you can guess almost every ending just from the first cutscene... there's a problem. I played the second for the gameplay - I basically just rushed story mode. First one had an awesome story, and was very funny. The third one kinda fell flat on its face for me. That and a couple game busting bugs, both for and against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Kazuya View Post
    Yes. I have read that Disgaea is crazy in terms of replay value. I have seen some characters in levels 500 something, even 9999. Crazy mate, crazy! x x
    Yep! Just to get the maximum natural stats with a character, you need 186,000 stored levels + the usual lv9999. I have a fair number of those . If you can believe it, that's the easiest thing to achieve... Maxing a single item is far more arduous, neverminding the bonuses that can be applied to them - the residents. Max any non hp stat can get is 40 million. Damage in the billions from a single attack is not unheard of. Not to mention character/ item tiers and all that other fun stuff. Basically, the game will last longer than you .
    Last edited by MESeele; Jul 13, 2011 at 10:53 AM.

My max in any of these games? I managed to get my Adell to 6000 before the memory got corrupted from another game.

If this is a general disgaea chat thread, I would personally recommend the videos Ulillillia has done on both Disgaea 1 and 2. They're pretty fun, both for learning about the game and marveling at his ability to grind and exploit the game like crazy.

Dramatic trailer ftw.

With that aside, i doubt i get any game of this serie. (Particulary this one since i donīt have a PS3)
    So many on my "to get" list already and this really donīt strike out that much for me.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Damn this game is almost out. The waiting is killing me! I like Volcano and Prier so far. I am going to make a bunch of Freischutz
    and start raining arrows on that puny little fuc**r "Baal" or Pringer X sh*t. Kiss my @ss, bit*h!