Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BomberStrife View Post
    SOOO lemme get this straight. You're pitying people over a game?
    Wow! It must be nice. Can PSP2iJP cure Cancer? Does it really make you better than us Vanilla players? Does it make your peepee bigger?

Look, importing is all fine and dandy, but don't damn, or "pity" us "lolinferiorvanillagaem :3" players, just because were not playing some game. Not everyone wants to learn Japanese, or refer to a guide all the time, or shell out $50-$70 bucks for some PSP game, and then convince 3 other people to do the same, especially when there are plenty of other games to play.

To be honest, I am just fine with PSP2, and I think it was a damn good localization. (We got our precious Weaboo Password items right?) Sure, I want PSP2i, but I can deal with the possibility of it not coming to the states. If it doesn't, then no big deal, no skin off my ass, I still have plenty of things to do in the original game. Now if you'll excuse me.
    You sir just won the Red Ring from PSO!
    Username: Blazingsonic
    PS0 Name: Sentai
    F/C: 4125-5095-5213
    F/C: 1892-2449-7676

You know one thing that may be effecting the localization of infinity is what has already happened to psp2. Maybe they don't want to localize it for the fear that the hackers will ruin the game's online mode like they did with psp2.

Idk that's just a theory I have. For some reason I doubt many of the people who "hack" their games would go through the trouble of importing a game.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kureha Lvl:104(Race:Human)(Class:Ranger)
    Flare Lvl:31 (Race:Beast)(Class:Hunter)

Diminishing PSP sales in the west is a more logical reason.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Yeah well that too. I figured it was probably more of a business thing. But that doesn't mean other factors don't play a part however small they may be.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kureha Lvl:104(Race:Human)(Class:Ranger)
    Flare Lvl:31 (Race:Beast)(Class:Hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    Diminishing PSP sales in the west is a more logical reason.
    Indeed. Sega are not a collective of individuals bound to create games as a means by which to exemplify some ineffable sense of ethical righteousness in video games, and chained to ideological axioms which guide their corporate decisions toward the ends of promoting or repressing social behaviors in their customers.

In other words, they don't give a fuck about cheaters. They care about sales, and maximizing their profit... or at least keeping the shithouse from going up in flames while trying to snowball your investors into thinking that things are only going to get better. So, unless cheaters somehow significantly tarnish the corporate or brand image in a significantly enough to negatively impacts sales.... there's no incentive to give a damn. Especially when at this point, worrying about cheaters being able to sully Sega's name any more than what it already has been is like worry about Tony Haywood's car leaving a puddle of oil in the parking lot of a rest stop ruining BP's good name while on a trip down South to survey a 150 mile long flaming oil slick spewing from a pipeline they ran through a nature preserve.

Ok, maybe that's exaggerating a bit... but you get my point. Money is only really ever spent on Anti-Cheating measures as a way to promote a new product or pacify consumer concerns. Once cheating actually breaks out though, Sega has a bad habit of just slapping on band aid solutions or abandoning the product. By the time it happens, usually the bulk of their sales are already in from the first few months/year. Why pour money into a game to fix such a pervasive online annoyance when it's already lost all it's momentum in the market, and is there no subscriber base paying monthly tithes?

It's a dick way of looking at it, and exemplary of the worst kinds of customer relations policies.... but that's how it is. Sega isn't about making games. They're about making money. Games are just the intermediary product used to generate profit. And to a point, they have to be. Very, very few companies can find that sustainable niche needed to make games with the passion and quality of a skilled craftsman. Games that enrichment the whole of the industry. Yet, still managing to generate a necessary profit margin from them.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by zeital View Post
    i don't get why people are calling it vanilla its more typing involved then psp2 >>
    Because vanilla is plain. Plain Portable 2 vs. Infinity flavored Portable 2. And it takes some people no more time to type vanilla than PSP2.
    Last edited by Mike; Jul 31, 2011 at 07:13 PM.

SEGA is not going to release PSP2I on the west cause vanilla sales were on the red side of the finance book....the same with VC2... 2 games that sales a lot on japan didn't get the same hype here on the west... so why bother, for a financial point of view, to waste resources on a dead market?
    my character on psp2i:
    ダニエル human male
    R. フィニガン beast male
    シュタウフェンベルク cast female
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic61202_6.gif

Not even an attempt? How is a plant to grow if you don't water it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    Not even an attempt? How is a plant to grow if you don't water it properly.
    You have to ask if there is any soil there or not first.

Well if the seeds have already been planted(PSP2) and withered. You look at what you did wrong and try once more with feeling. Unless the mongols came and put salt all over your soil.