Page 107 of 466 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107108109110117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 4655

I've always hated leveling up anything in a shooter. It turns shooters into more of like an RPG where the players who win are the players who have the greatest experience and even unlocked equipment and classes. Pisses the hell out of me.

I am from the generation where outside of ping in a server, players had equal footing and the winners of these games were clearly the best players in a tournament setting with no tricks or advantages imposed to players by a system that is all about keeping players the longest in a game and rewarding them for playing longer rather than actual skills and abilities.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiskilla View Post
    Waiting on...
    Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code (PC) - Comes out at end of the year but the demo which will have netplay is available on 12/12. Here's where to get the demo on 12/12 if anyone is interested

http://meltyblood.info/?p=553
    same here, Mr. Mantiskilla. waiting for this game to come to the PC.

Currently Playing:
    PC - Bejeweled 3
    comments: this game arrive at my house today. i installed it and playing it
    right now. fun game. i like puzzle games, so i'll be digging in this game for
    a long time. a little too addicting. 9/10 pts.!

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I've always hated leveling up anything in a shooter. It turns shooters into more of like an RPG where the players who win are the players who have the greatest experience and even unlocked equipment and classes. Pisses the hell out of me.

I am from the generation where outside of ping in a server, players had equal footing and the winners of these games were clearly the best players in a tournament setting with no tricks or advantages imposed to players by a system that is all about keeping players the longest in a game and rewarding them for playing longer rather than actual skills and abilities.
    Thankfully, BF3 is fairly balanced with regards to the guns... (And it's not particularly difficult to unlock the attachments either)
    Coming Soon!

King of Fighters XIII (PS3) : Picked it up today (pain to find a copy of it in town). I'm sick of playing MK9 so I wanted to try a new fighter. I've played KOF games before a little but they never really kept my interest but I'm loving XIII.

I'm absolutely awful at it but I guess I need to practice. A lot.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post

I can't speak much for BF3 (didn't really enjoy it, yes I've played previous BFs) but in other FPSs like CoD, they give you decent guns from the start, it really just comes down to preference (excluding the Type 95 which they need to nerf, bad. I shouldn't be bleeding with 1HP and getting choppers.)

Without an unlock feature in this generation, people will grow bored of a game, simple as that. I won't even lie, when I hit 10th Prestige in MW2, I stopped playing unless friends begged me to. I felt like I had nothing more to do.

On topic: Currently playing FFIII (DS). I wish I could buy fist weapons in shops
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

PSO BB Call of duty mw3 BF3 Xbox 360. soon golden eye reloaded

Got back into FFIX. Trying to rev myself for actually trying FFVIII and FFVII for once... I gave FVIII a shot a while back, but gave up on it really early in the game. My friend told me I should farm magic, which got wicked boring. As for FFVII, the only experience I got from that game was from an old school demo disc back in the day, oddly enough.

If you get 100 Waters and put them on your attack early on in VIII, you can one-shot the world with Squall for quite some time, lol.

You should enjoy VII. Only people that dislike it are those that simply hate the game for being popular, i.e hipsters.

Just got the third set of jobs in FF III. I wanted to put a Dragoon in but the armor shop doesn't sell ANY armor that a Dragoon can wear |: Back to Monk it is.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Quote Originally Posted by Rashiid View Post
    You should enjoy VII. Only people that dislike it are those that simply hate the game for being popular, i.e hipsters.
    I mean, it's fun and all, but it's also a super sloppy, inconsistent game. The story is uneven ("Oh no, our teammate died... let's go snowboarding!") and Square was still learning the ropes when it came to developing on the Playstation and it shows. They got most of the kinks out by FFVIII (although that game's battle system is super easy to manipulate), and by FFIX they really hit their stride.

(Well, except for the storytelling stuff... the last half of FFIX's story still doesn't make any sense even after all these years.)

The other recommendation I'd have for anybody who is planning on breaking FFVIII is to play the card game like it's your job. My brother got the Lionheart, Squall's ultimate weapon, on the second disc by refining cards he'd won into the necessary materials.

Seeing as a low-HP Squall can basically use the Lionheart limit break every single turn (~180,000 damage on a single enemy), it's uh.... it's pretty easy going after that.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I must say, I am thoroughly enjoying it. I love the setting.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.