Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Yeah.. that whole post kinda blew my mind too.

Seems kind of condescending to you, as if you don't know what PS is.. yet they don't seem to know that it has had PvP multiple times.

Oh, you mean that shitty Battle mode? That's the PvP you're all talking about?

I thought you all meant real PvP like WoW with your own equipment, battlegrounds, kill players while they're questing, that kinda stuff.

Battle mode is something that could easily be made.

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

It could be anything. Point is, it's nothing new to Phantasy Star.

True but it wasn't a feature the online series was known for, it's more of a quick time waster like lobby soccer, something you play for 10 mins or so. That's probably why I forgot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
    Oh, you mean that shitty Battle mode? That's the PvP you're all talking about?

I thought you all meant real PvP like WoW with your own equipment, battlegrounds, kill players while they're questing, that kinda stuff.

Battle mode is something that could easily be made.
    Killing players while questing? Probably not.

Battlegrounds with your own gear competing for a reward? Could certainly happen, especially with 12 players on a map now.

Using multi-party areas for a slaughter feast between groups sounds plenty fun. Too bad it will never be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by GCoffee View Post
    Using multi-party areas for a slaughter feast between groups sounds plenty fun. Too bad it will never be implemented.
    Player-vs-player...no thx
    Players-vs-players...maybe...the 2 highest ranked get to be captains and pick their teams one by one. Haha! No respawns like Gears of War. That'd be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    Killing players while questing? Probably not.

Battlegrounds with your own gear competing for a reward? Could certainly happen, especially with 12 players on a map now.
    That actually sounds really really fun. Damn, now I want that.

As someone who dabbled in WoW for way too much time, I'm against the notion of PvP in PSO2.
    This is a cool idea on paper, but what makes PvP fun is balance. If the classes aren't balanced, PvP isn't going to take off. That's completely understandable from any perspective, I think. Unfortunately, what I noticed in WoW was that balancing PvE had adverse effects on PvE.

Hypothetical issue:
    Class A is too powerful in PvP because it gets this and this technique at Lv30 while having so-and-so melee capability. So, they nerf the class down to techniques at Lv15/20. Suddenly, fewer players want to pick that class in PvE because of the nerf; that class is being overshadowed by its peers in PvE now.

It's a delicate balance between PvP and PvE, and unless the game was built with both in mind from the ground up, I'd rather not shove it in.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

You can make it so everyone only does 1 "dmg" and all the classes will still be broken in ""PVE"" on PS games.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.