Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

You lost EXP in BB? Really? I don't remember ever losing experience in PSO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
    ^That's right, one of the first facts that came out, duh.

So is that it, lower ranking?
    Um, yes
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    You lost EXP in BB? Really? I don't remember ever losing experience in PSO.
    Me either. In PSO Ep. I&II you simply lost any Meseta you were carrying, but that didnt happen in PSOBB so i figured there was no penalty.

Until i realized for some reason it was taking a tad longer to level than usual....

I dont think the penalty should be too very severe, because I'd hope the game was challenging enough to have you lose more than a few times. And in order for a game to be fairly challenging, it has to let you lose without mortgaging your house.

Limit Scapes to 1, lower your individual ranking, sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    That sound ok with me, also maybe do what they did in PSO and make scrapes make you have 1 hp in the hardest difficult mode, up the challenge a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    While this sounds like a good idea I hate it because soloing becomes so much more dangerous and not very fun. It's something that really bothered me when playing PS Portable 2.

True but I never had a problem playing solo in PSO but in the PSU series I did all the time.

If I can carry one, two or more scape dolls I don't mind as long as it wont affect the difficulty. The death penalty is okay with me as long as it isn't too brutal like losing exp or gear. I read how it was possible for you to lose gear if you died in pso and I rather not have any morons picking up any rares I've acquired.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Oh man, it was bad back in the Dreamcast days, you don't even have to be in the field, just in town and someone joins and insta kills you, drop your current weapon (yes weapons dropped in town) and they take off.

So implement a solo mode with lower difficulty.

But really solo play should be challenging. Taking on a dungeon/mission designed to be played by 12 people by yourself? PSO already isn't doing the whole "raid" mentality of WoW, where teams have to be specifically built for different instances.

I don't think they should even lower the difficulty even more to cater to solo players by giving them more ways to not wipe.
    Phantasy Star Ø: Classic HUmarl (100) / Wand/Rod HUcaseal (8x) / Classic RAcaseal (100)