Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tension on the Seabed

Just wanted to say to everyone who participated, good show everyone! This is the first time I've entered something into a PSOW contest, so it was a fun challenge to push myself to get something out under a very strict deadline.

The intention of the scene I drew was meant to capture a part of the tense feelings my characters would have experienced exploring the ruins of the Seabed plant. Originally, I had wanted to do a scene based on the Seat of the Heart quest true route (with Kireek and Sue), but with my exams smack in the middle of the contest period, as well as having a second picture to complete in time for Christmas (Crystal Christmas), it was clear after some time that I wouldn't be able to get it done on time and accurately as well. Rather than compromise the final piece, I elected to do something that was more manageable within the time remaining.

A few things I was not able to add/adjust in time, but will do so when time permits:
    • Crystal's personal MAG, a red Kabanda
    • Shard's personal MAG, a Blue or Green Varaha
    • Some adjustments to Raywin's face
    • Additional details to the Sinow Zoa

And now for an encore appearance:

Last edited by Crystal_Shard; Jan 3, 2012 at 09:35 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I think you did good, I really like the way crystal came out in this picture.

Seems like even though we were given a month, a lot of people got sucked into the deadline's sandtrap.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

This was one of my favorites in the art section. I'm surprised it didn't place higher.

Usually I am not a big fan of anime styled art, but you really seem to know what you are doing with it. You also seemed to have put quite some time in the clean rendering. While I did vote for Carma, this would've been my second vote.

Well done and grats!

Ack, I put the wrong name for the HUMar. That should be Shard, not Raywin.

@Rock/Michaeru: ^_^' I think I'm going to take a while to get used to your new nick. Anyway, thanks - I'm fairly satisfied with the way it came out myself, so no complaints there. ^_^

As for the blackhole of deadlines, I think it nearly caught me. I saw the contest details one month after it started and right during my exams. Throw in Christmas preparations, work, etc, during the following month and I was just about ready to assume the orz position.

@Seth: Thanks and appreciate the support. ^_^ I'll just have to aim for the next forum contest that I'm inspired to participate in.

@qoxolg: Thanks. I think everyone who participated also gave their best as well. Would have liked to see more entries though, but guess that's for the next contest. ^_^.

The Sinow from behind really made this image one of my favorites.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Grats shard, it was one of my favo's as well.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

I love these kind of illustrations. so much drama. maybe because I enjoy a good mystery movie or comic every now and then where you see this kind of stuff. it just gets you on the edge of your seat. pulls you into the illustration.

your piece and Rock Eastwood's were my favorites. very close votes. :3

@Sayara: Unfortunately, due to me skirting the time limit really close, the Sinow received the barest minimum of attention. It'll be something to correct in future I guess, although I have a few projects that have to come first.

@Ce'Nedra: Thanks, and glad to have your support as always. ^_^

@NegaTsukasa: Oddly enough, it seems like Rock and I came up with very similar themes for our entries. My other idea was also pretty similar to another entry as well. ^_^

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Yeah of all of my PSO memories the only one I could think of that seemed worth drawing was a sinow sneaking up on my noobass HUmar. I thought it was awesome but at the same time annoying that they could turn invisible.

I did wanna draw gol dragon coming out of a TV (I always thought that was mondo cool) but I didn't have time to think of a way to make it look interesting...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.