Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm getting it (Nintendo fanboy)

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Quote Originally Posted by Ark22 View Post
    I'm getting it (Nintendo fanboy)
    fanboyism implies a constantly stated bias, and a bias implies no reason for having the opinion besides that it is the only one you know (in other words, having little or no experience and saying you hate it or having tons with one and saying it is the best when you have not tried the counterparts). Therefore I am not a fanboy because I have reasons other than the aforementioned ones to buy the console. Is Nintendo my favorite by a long shot? yes. But i own and play games on my PS3 and tons of my friends have 360s and I play those with them all the time, and then i have some PC gamer friends which have exposed me (albeit not enough for me to have too much of an opinion on the PC gaming platform) to the games on there. Point-in-Case I don't think it is correct to consider me a fanboy, just an enthusiast.

Ehh, ok.

Im a nintendo fan and I still enjoy the other systems. I'll buy one at some point after the first few months.

Initial release date? Unless the next installment of Smash Bros is on release day, then no.
    Down the line? Of course. I always get every new system. I'm a gamer, I want access to every game, no matter how good or bad it is.

Worst line ever: "I want it, but I don't have that system "

Never want to say that ever again.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Most likely, I'll end up getting one, if it means Nintendo will actually pull their heads out of their asses and make a console with modern, standard features like HD support, a hard drive (or possibly solid-state drive?), and a friggin' ethernet port and GOOD online features. I don't mind Nintendo constantly being innovative - hell, a lot of good things have come about from it - but I'm just sick of all the gimmicky, casual-audience, "you need this specific peripheral that only works with 2 games but costs an extra $50" crap. They need to get with the times and realize that some features are just STANDARD now.

It'll also depend on what games they come out with. I wanna see a kickass F-Zero game with in-depth car and track editors. Or a Starfox or Metroid game that doesn't suck. Or how about a fucking Pokemon MMORPG that utilizes everything from the handheld games. Some good ol' Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros., Donkey Kong, etc. with some superior hardware behind it would be awesome too. And series like Batman: Arkham City and Assassin's Creed joining in too is a great sign as well.

Right now though, I gotta save up for dat new PC...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I don't see myself getting one so far. Billing 360 and PS3 games that I already own is far from attractive. It just seems like Nintendo is releasing a console to reach graphical parity with Sony and Microsoft...right before they release a new generation of hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrith_Ranger_Pso View Post
    fanboyism implies a constantly stated bias, and a bias implies no reason for having the opinion besides that it is the only one you know (in other words, having little or no experience and saying you hate it or having tons with one and saying it is the best when you have not tried the counterparts). Therefore I am not a fanboy because I have reasons other than the aforementioned ones to buy the console. Is Nintendo my favorite by a long shot? yes. But i own and play games on my PS3 and tons of my friends have 360s and I play those with them all the time, and then i have some PC gamer friends which have exposed me (albeit not enough for me to have too much of an opinion on the PC gaming platform) to the games on there. Point-in-Case I don't think it is correct to consider me a fanboy, just an enthusiast.
    ok professor

I will get it, eventually. When depends entirely on when there are some interesting games for it.

Seth's comment.

I'll very likely get one, even if just to replace my dying Wii... its GPU is slowly melting again. I just hope it lasts until the Wii U is available.

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!