Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Heskett View Post
    Shoot-em-ups.

Shmups.
    Oh. People get lazier and lazier with spelling out whole words, I see. Anyway, I haven't played one of those since that pseudo-indie game "Aegis Wing" came out on the XBLA years ago. Maybe one will come along soon that catches my fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Oh. People get lazier and lazier with spelling out whole words, I see. Anyway, I haven't played one of those since that pseudo-indie game "Aegis Wing" came out on the XBLA years ago. Maybe one will come along soon that catches my fancy.
    Shmups are fun and definitely not hard at all.

Also, this isn't the hardest video game boss ever. Nope.

warped://perfection Mantiskilla's Avatar

Some great news for US consumers as Rising Star Games officially opened a US office in California today. With that announcement they also stated that their first release will be Akai Katana Shin and will be released the same day as the EU version. Having a US office I think will help RSG with EU players getting some of those lost shooters that the US already has like possibly a Deathsmiles IIX that's in english (would be nice). It'll be interesting to see if they will be able to bring some other games over such as Dodonpachi Daioujou and maybe the Dodonpachi Resurrection DLC.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/26...north-america/

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiskilla View Post
    Some great news for US consumers as Rising Star Games officially opened a US office in California today. With that announcement they also stated that their first release will be Akai Katana Shin and will be released the same day as the EU version. Having a US office I think will help RSG with EU players getting some of those lost shooters that the US already has like possibly a Deathsmiles IIX that's in english (would be nice). It'll be interesting to see if they will be able to bring some other games over such as Dodonpachi Daioujou and maybe the Dodonpachi Resurrection DLC.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/26...north-america/

Oh boy. Talk about really good news. Guess i'll be checking those out if they come out.

/lives in cali

Oddly enough, I was just talking to my friend the other day about Akai Katana and the fact that I was going to import it. Now I don't have to :P Awesome news
    http://princessash1ey.tumblr.com/ < My little gaming blog.

I'm just happy about the fact that now I'll be able to know what's going on since the game has a bit more dialogue than most cave shooters save Deathsmiles IIX. It's a fantastic game though. I guess I better hook up my Japanese 360 and do some more practice now

Well another quick update for you shooter fans out there. eXceed series which were all doujin shoot em ups are all being released next week on Steam and other digital download sites. Price for all 3 is great although really only eXceed 2nd and 3rd are the real good ones. If you can find it on a doujin site to dl it for free then go for it (there's an english patch for the eXceed 3rd). While I actually have them all I'll probably purchase them b/c maybe they'll have achievements or online leaderboards

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/15...-pc-next-week/
    Last edited by Mantiskilla; Feb 16, 2012 at 07:43 PM.

Well the eXceed series shooters got delayed after they were supposed to come out this week on Steam. At the present time there is no release date however it does state that its not gonna be a long one. In the meantime if you want to see it in action here is a video of a quick stage 1 run I did not to long ago

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/21...hit-by-delays/

eXceed 3rd Jade Penetrate: Black Package - Stage 1 Normal (auto bomb off)

@Mr.Mantis: does the package include eXceed 3rd Black Package version? i dont think i see
    it listed. that's the only version i was hoping that'll come out.

it's funny how i have NEVER made it to this boss at all. i lost all of my lives before
    even making it to her. a shame.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

Yeah to be honest I haven't seen anywhere that states that the Black Package version will be the one that comes out or not. I could easily see it not be the version that gets released, but wouldn't be surprised if it is the one that does either. As for that EX stage? You can only get there by playing on normal or hard, be on the same 1CC, not using a bomb, and its after the stage 4 boss fight. Personally I just tried not to lose a life to be safe. Tough as nails but did it once back when I played the game everyday a year or so ago. Never beat it though
    Last edited by Mantiskilla; Feb 25, 2012 at 02:52 AM.