18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitt Romney (mittromney.com)

3 16.67%
  • Barack Obama (barackobama.com)

13 72.22%
  • Ron Paul or Other

2 11.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Probably Obama, mainly because he's not the other guys. I mostly approve of his handling of foreign policy too, especially compared to the republican candidates.

For instance, on Iran. My understanding is that any airstrike could at best set back a program to build a nuke by some number of months. It would also rally the Iranians behind their government, and push Iran towards building a bomb in the event they haven't actually started. When you look at Khomeini, one you thing you cannot call him is irrational. MAD will hold.

The one point I disagree on is the one drone strike against a US citizen. And even then, it's mostly a technicality - he should have been tried in absentia first (and from what I've heard regarding the case, the conviction on treason would have been fairly easy). Then it would have been fine to get a court sentence for execution by missile. Although I suppose what annoys me more is the asinine comment about "due process does not necessarily mean legal process", which directly contradicts the relevant clause in the constitution, "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation." It specifically requires indictment by grand jury, and specifically states due process to be legal process. Of course, like I said, it's an easy argument that a reasonable jury would have found him guilty.

I could go on with regards to domestic policy, but he at least breaks even in my book, which is more than enough to make him preferable to the republican crop.
    Last edited by Randomness; Mar 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup345 View Post
    Just keep all comments fairly nice, don't say anything horrible about the candidate
    Man, isn't Rick Santorum just the greatest guy?

Nader isn't running this time, so I'll be writing myself in. I'm the last one left with my interests at heart.
    Tax the fucking churches.

That one place you may or may not have been... East-side

All this voting isn't solving anything... We've been doing this since what, 1776 and still can't get this right? It's basically like our voting means nothing, y'know what I mean? Our freedoms are basically being taken away, and we've become so dependent on the government now (About 48.7 million on food stamps), which isn't even the problem, people should be able to look to people for help, HOWEVER, you think they really care about the poor? Please... Looks like control to me. This is the same stuff that happened in Rome back in the day... In Washington, D.C. there shouldn't be not one person living on the street in that city, or at least hungry, it's inexcusable honestly. It's like we vote people in, and nothing happens. If you want to build something great, you start at the bottom, it's the foundation of a structure right? Ok, THEN FIX THE POOR CLASS, and stop messing with the middle class!!! Make the people that hold the power help the little guy, redirect the attention to those that can't help themselves, BASIC first grade principle. It's not that hard to fix the country... Or maybe I'm trippin again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Hawk View Post
    Romney os only looking out for his wallet and his rich frinds wallets. Santorum has a religeous fanatacal aproach that will destroy the countries economical and social ethics.

Ron Paul is an idiot that should just give up and realize that NOBODY LIKES HIM!

Obama for another term is he least of our worries. At least HE'S thinking about the people.
    I'm not really a Ron Paul supporter... But my question is, why don't people like Ron Paul? He seems to actually say things that would help America and the people... Oh, wait... (This is an election for the commander and chief, not a popularity contest.)

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_Coconut View Post
    I was hoping to go out on a limb and vote for Fozzy this year, but he still has not stepped up to the plate in terms of running for office. I don't get it -- he has charisma, he knows how to lighten a mood, and he has a voice that the people would listen to. Maybe he was worried that, with the majority of the US focusing on the Republican and Democratic parties, he would BEARLY get any votes... waka waka waka!

In all honesty, I have a candidate in mind but I am not apt to discuss it. I believe voting is important, but everybody has such a different view about who would be the best fit for presidency. It seems to often devolve into squabbling over why one politician is far greater than some other politician, then a rebuttal with insults involved attacking people who would dare vote for any other politician they don't accept as adequate or view to be detrimental to America in general.

I'll stick with Fozzy for now.
    I might as well vote for him... Maybe we'll get better results. LOL
    Last edited by Outrider; Mar 12, 2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: triple post
    1 Corinthians 13 Love suffers long, is kind, envies not, isn't puffed up, doesn't behave unseemly, seeks not it's own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil, rejoices not in sin, but rejoices in truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, love never fails... (MATTHEW 24:3-51)

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

I'll put down other and go for Ronald McDonald. the man seems to be negotiating well with pretty much every country. and his universal franchise has made him billions. must be doing something economically right. It is the quarter pounder with cheese and Big Mac that unifies the world. every country you go to, he is there, always catering to the the needs of others, judging not, never at war, feeding the semi-homeless, always making you feel welcomed, etc.
    oh yes, and the King as vice, and Wendy as speaker of the house.

(if you couldn't catch all that, that was pretty much an ornate way of telling you guys I do not care. nor will I ever care.)
    Last edited by NegaTsukasa; Mar 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by washuguy View Post
    I'm not really a Ron Paul supporter... But my question is, why don't people like Ron Paul? He seems to actually say things that would help America and the people... Oh, wait... (This is an election for the commander and chief, not a popularity contest.)
    Because he's awful.

http://www.ontheissues.org/tx/ron_paul.htm

I mean, twenty years after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 he tried to resegregate schools, he's down right racist, but look, there's more!

Ignore the name of the site, but do note that the links are from the Congressional records and are lengthy.

Have to agree with Leviathan, Ron Paul says a couple of things that are right on the money that draw people's attention but he's really far out there on most everything else.

It looks like Obama is going to win by default as the right seems to be putting up nothing but bat-shit insane candidates. What I think is more important in the congressional election. I think a lot of the reform and laws that need to be passed or amended in this country are being held back by a corrupt congress. I'd like to see a lot more progressives take seats in the house and senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    Have to agree with Leviathan, Ron Paul says a couple of things that are right on the money that draw people's attention but he's really far out there on most everything else.

It looks like Obama is going to win by default as the right seems to be putting up nothing but bat-shit insane candidates. What I think is more important in the congressional election. I think a lot of the reform and laws that need to be passed or amended in this country are being held back by a corrupt congress. I'd like to see a lot more progressives take seats in the house and senate.
    Not so much corrupt as hostage-taking. Remember the subsidies demanded by the nebraska senator on the health care bill? When you need the votes, and the senators are basically selling their votes for earmarks...

I strongly dislike the filibuster in it's present form. It should be like it used to - marathon sessions of endless speeches until one side breaks (often the side filibustering).
    Coming Soon!

That one place you may or may not have been... East-side

Quote Originally Posted by NegaTsukasa View Post
    I'll put down other and go for Ronald McDonald. the man seems to be negotiating well with pretty much every country. and his universal franchise has made him billions. must be doing something economically right. It is the quarter pounder with cheese and Big Mac that unifies the world. every country you go to, he is there, always catering to the the needs of others, judging not, never at war, feeding the semi-homeless, always making you feel welcomed, etc.
    oh yes, and the King as vice, and Wendy as speaker of the house.

(if you couldn't catch all that, that was pretty much an ornate way of telling you guys I do not care. nor will I ever care.)
    Hmmmm... While it could end world hunger, those things can kill people. I think I'd vote for the king instead, at least they have veggie burgers there LOL But seriously... While I share the same view as you, I feel we should still pay attention to what's going on. These people pretty much direct our lives, so it's unwise not to see what they're doing. Keeps your friends close, and enemies closer.
    1 Corinthians 13 Love suffers long, is kind, envies not, isn't puffed up, doesn't behave unseemly, seeks not it's own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil, rejoices not in sin, but rejoices in truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, love never fails... (MATTHEW 24:3-51)

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Alfred E. Newman for president. His slogan is the best. What me worry?
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.