Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

And as well most online games in general won't last forever...

Having your character data as a trophy is nice, But I don't see how you can call it game breaking.

PSO2 deserves MUCH more than that, if you've seen what this game has become so far.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

The best way to look at it is to think of your old character having a baby and that baby growing up and starting anew with the offspring of the old character. The New character can continue on for your old character, like passing the touch.

I keep PSO for my kids to teach them so they can get better skills when they get older. It keep's it fun when your helping them learn PSO.

After playing PSO2, I can't even look at PSO1 with a straight face.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

It is nice to at least have the memory of my old GC characters. I see the memory cards, I feel the nostalgia and all of that warm fuzzyness. Since BB was server side, I have my screenshots to remind me of the two years I spent on that one private server. I actually made a few friends that time. The BB pictures were probably more convenient to be honest. With the screenshot folder, it would take an hour or two of my time if I wanted to look over every picture. I don't have to fire up the cube for a game I wouldn't be likely to play for more than 5 minutes now to be reminded of the good old days.

I primarily vouch for the desire for offline since I'm a bit of a loner. I built up my skills in single player, and put them to use in unlocked empty rooms online. The vast majority of my multiplayer online experience in GC and BB was PUGs. The GC guild card list was 15 to 20 odd pages of people I probably only spoke to once.

I'm sure PSO2 will have a private server or two creep up when it's online shuts down too.

Some people just don't want change.

It's ok bud, we understand, so do the Amish.
    Will work for Scape Dolls and Super Star Atomizers.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAD1b View Post
    So, PSO2 is gonna be online only and the character data is going to be saved to servers. Does this mean that once servers decide to shut down, my characters will never be accessible again?
    I could be wrong but I don't recall Sega saying the PC version was online only. However they did say the Vita version would be online only. There still may be hope for an offline mode for the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't recall Sega saying the PC version was online only. However they did say the Vita version would be online only. There still may be hope for an offline mode for the PC.
    The PC version is online only.

I think MAD1b wants to be able to play the game 5, 10, maybe 20 years from now with his saved data that he worked so hard on (assuming we persuade him to at least buy it).
    Will work for Scape Dolls and Super Star Atomizers.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The PC version is online only.
    lol oh well.

@Cayenne - Someone was working on a PSU private server until PSO2 was announced and I'm sure they'll be looking to get their hands on PSO2 after the official servers goes down. so theres hope for him to play 10-20 years down the road.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I still think PSO2 will last way longer than PSO and PSU...

And PSU isn't even dead yet. But feels like that game came out 20 years ago and yesterday at the same time...

I don't care if a game breast fed me, I can pick it up briefly a couple of times, but I can't play the same game 3-12 hours a day for 10-25 years straight...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.